Any Dr.'s in here or maybe you played one on tv?

I did some checking. It's been around since the 50's very dependable drug. No loss of sex drive and no weight gain. It seems to keep me level much better then Zoloft.

Huh....I wonder why all the doctors seem to favor Zoloft? Or at least, tend to start everyone with anxiety, on Zoloft?

Ax the Zoloft and learn to manage your stress and anxiety in a better way, IMO. Antidepressants are awful, awful drugs and entirely over-prescribed.

Milo, come on down to East Tenn and live 30 days with granny, then tell me another way to handle the stress. Granny can be an awful, awful woman and entirely overbearing.

jk

Gels don't work as well. Researched it too.
I'm scared of needles. I looked for any alternative.

Ive been through it. About a year ago I got to a point where I couldn't sleep and a good episode of Little House on the Prairie would make me tear up. Turns out my pituitary gland was operating like a drunken traffic cop and I had levels all over the place.

You're right, the gel doesn't absorb as well, but if you're afraid of needles, why in the world wouldn't you use the gel? I've done both and found that the gel does work, I'm just too impatient and would rather just use a needle.

The injections are pretty easy. It's not like its intravenous where you have to find a vein or anything. Just find a thick muscle & inject.

Ive been through it. About a year ago I got to a point where I couldn't sleep and a good episode of Little House on the Prairie would make me tear up. Turns out my pituitary gland was operating like a drunken traffic cop and I had levels all over the place.

You're right, the gel doesn't absorb as well, but if you're afraid of needles, why in the world wouldn't you use the gel? I've done both and found that the gel does work, I'm just too impatient and would rather just use a needle.

I'm there with you. I'd tear up over anything.

I'm impatient as well. Wife has been giving me the shots so its all good. I play a game on my phone to keep my mind off of it.

Fixing to shoot up now.
B-12 shot I can barely feel. It's a 27 gauge needle. And learned a new trick from a dr on YouTube. After needle is removed, place pressure on the injection site for 1 minute.
This keeps any knots or swelling from forming causing discomfort after the shot.

This will be my 4th round.

Huh....I wonder why all the doctors seem to favor Zoloft? Or at least, tend to start everyone with anxiety, on Zoloft?

Insurance companies dictate it is one of the first you can prescribe as it has been around longer, more studies and is cheaper. Not everyone has side effects, so you have to try it first before they can put you on something newer.

Insurance companies dictate it is one of the first you can prescribe as it has been around longer, more studies and is cheaper. Not everyone has side effects, so you have to try it first before they can put you on something newer.

Zoloft has not been around longer. Prozac is probably the closest in age.

Now the manufacture may give ins a break on price.

Zoloft has not been around longer. Prozac is probably the closest in age.

Now the manufacture may give ins a break on price.

Yeah prozac is older and you will often see that tried first, but zoloft is certainly older than Wellbutrin.

I'm there with you. I'd tear up over anything.

I'm impatient as well. Wife has been giving me the shots so its all good. I play a game on my phone to keep my mind off of it.

Fixing to shoot up now.
B-12 shot I can barely feel. It's a 27 gauge needle. And learned a new trick from a dr on YouTube. After needle is removed, place pressure on the injection site for 1 minute.
This keeps any knots or swelling from forming causing discomfort after the shot.

This will be my 4th round.
all I can say is stick with it. We toyed with my dosing and injection schedule for a couple of months before I got on a cycle that provided some relief. You can't really understand the peaks and valleys that stuff can cause until you go through it.

As far as the needle goes, I don't know that I could stick myself. I don't have any problem taking a shot, but giving it to myself would be a whole different ball game.

Yeah prozac is older and you will often see that tried first, but zoloft is certainly older than Wellbutrin.

Doesn't prozac have some serious side effects?

IIRC people were doing some crazy things while taking prozac a few years ago.

VN Store

Back