Direct TV vs Dish

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
I've got an offer from Frontier to bundle Dish,I've got Direct TV now and really like it,I've seen on here before that people weren't able to get all the football games on Dish,if I remember correctly,I'd like to know what the difference is as far as carrying UTs games and how many HD channels also,

I live in Thorn Hill Tn,the other side of the mountain from Bean Station lol, so it has to be a satellite provider,let me know what ya'll think of Dish.oh and which way does the actual dish have to be pointed too?,if you know,there is a very tall ridge straight up behind my house,blocking the south,

I've got an offer from Frontier to bundle Dish,I've got Direct TV now and really like it,I've seen on here before that people weren't able to get all the football games on Dish,if I remember correctly,I'd like to know what the difference is as far as carrying UTs games and how many HD channels also,

I live in Thorn Hill Tn,the other side of the mountain from Bean Station lol, so it has to be a satellite provider,let me know what ya'll think of Dish.oh and which way does the actual dish have to be pointed too?,if you know,there is a very tall ridge straight up behind my house,blocking the south,

I hear there are several members of the Dalton clan live in Thorn Hill.

the dish, with dish will point ssw at 25% elevation.

I've had both and I have to agree directv owns dish in both channel selection and customer service.

I have had Direct for 3 years and have been pleased.
Their customer service is very good

i've had Direct for close to 15 years,I'm wondering if the bundle deal is worth taking thru my phone company,and thanks for the info Logger,i may be able to get it,i will call them back and see what the total dollar amount would be for the bundle and how long of a contract too

I switched to Direct when Dish wouldn't provide the local channels (Memphis) in HD. Not only did Direct do that, they didn't even charge for it. Haven't looked back and like Direct's setup better.

I've had DishNetwork at my cabin for over 10 years. I have my house on DishNetwork here in Texas for about 5. I love Dish. Never had a problem and Customer Service has, to this point, been great.

I have Directv and my parents and brother's family both had Dish. I liked the Directv setup better than Dish. Both have since left Dish. My parents are on cable and my brother switched to Directv.

i've had Direct for close to 15 years,I'm wondering if the bundle deal is worth taking thru my phone company,and thanks for the info Logger,i may be able to get it,i will call them back and see what the total dollar amount would be for the bundle and how long of a contract too

If you have been with Direct that long just call them and ask what kind of deals can they give you.

They may can change your channel package , give you some free movie channels etc.

They gave me free Showtime and The Movie Channel for a year. I also just changed from Charter to AT&T U-verse for my internet. I did that through Direct, by doing so I got the AT&T U-verse advertised $48 per month service for $29 and Direct is giving me $10 off my Direct bill for a year for making the change.

You may be able to save some $$ just by calling Direct.

I've had Direct 15 years. Very satisfied like the phone/tech if needed..
I had a service guys direct phone, I would call him he would come fix the problem
I pay him, always cheaper.. He would always set me up.
I got 4 boxes and spliters off 2 of them... Now kids all gone but still keep it up.

I live in the boons way out of no where and love it..

Direct. Based solely on their new Genie spokesmodel.

220px-Hannah_Davis_(model).jpg

Reactions: 1 person
If you have been with Direct that long just call them and ask what kind of deals can they give you.

They may can change your channel package , give you some free movie channels etc.

They gave me free Showtime and The Movie Channel for a year. I also just changed from Charter to AT&T U-verse for my internet. I did that through Direct, by doing so I got the AT&T U-verse advertised $48 per month service for $29 and Direct is giving me $10 off my Direct bill for a year for making the change.

the phone company has said i would get dish for like half price and some free movie channels for 6 months or something like that and a $450 credit toward apple stuff,but i didn't ask them for how long of a contract,i will call direct and see if they will come off some freebies

thanks for the good info,i picked up a movie channel and got my bill dropped $10 bucks a month,i couldn't do a channel package change,with out dropping some sports channels,again thanks :hi:

oh and the guy i talked was a Bammer fan,i asked him to stand up on his chair and sing Rocky Top,he said that would be a deal breaker lol

Last edited:

Dish doesn't have a great rep, but the founder is a Tennessee Grad

Direct TV, though I personally stick with cable because the area I live in is very windy. I have a few neighbors with either Direct or Dish, and losing signal is a regular occurence.

thanks for the good info,i picked up a movie channel and got my bill dropped $10 bucks a month,i couldn't do a channel package change,with out dropping some sports channels,again thanks :hi:

oh and the guy i talked was a Bammer fan,i asked him to stand up on his chair and sing Rocky Top,he said that would be a deal breaker lol

Good to hear you got a better deal and saving some money.

You have to go with directv if you want overall better tv and better equipment. I work with both companies daily and I would hands down take directv over dish

If you go with direct let me know. Ill mail you a card to get you a 100 dollar credit. Just use it to cover your bill if you want.

VN Store

Back