13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens with VB when Saban goes to the Browns?

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Get real guys. Saban will be at Bama, just like Kelly decided to stay at Oregon. I get the lure of the NFL, but why? He's went that route once and failed miserably and looked like a dbag when he left Miami. I think he's learned from mistakes, and like his situation right now too much to leave.. that position being his boot up everyone in the SEC's arse.

Reactions: 2 people
Tifwiw but there is some real confidence from people very close to him that he will be a vol.

At seasons beginning this kid had 1000 reasons to be a Vol, and the coaching staff blew it. As long as we can show him "the love" and make him feel like a priority, he will be a VOL. We also have his last visit, which says a LOT. He could have scheduled Bammer as his last, or OSU.. but he gave it to UT. That says something IMO.

At seasons beginning this kid had 1000 reasons to be a Vol, and the coaching staff blew it. As long as we can show him "the love" and make him feel like a priority, he will be a VOL. We also have his last visit, which says a LOT. He could have scheduled Bammer as his last, or OSU.. but he gave it to UT. That says something IMO.

The thinking I heard is that as long as the visit is good he will be a Vol. Their thinking was as long as we don't screw it up he will be wearing orange and white. Who knows if they are right but they are very close to the kid.

Lots of kids out here just looking for a positive reason to be in the Orange and White. I think Butch can give them those reasons. He has a recruiting fire like (dare I say) Lane Kiffin, but knows how to coach up talent and is a proven winner. He put more kids in the NFL at Cincy then we have in the past few years. That's saying something.

The thinking I heard is that as long as the visit is good he will be a Vol. Their thinking was as long as we don't screw it up he will be wearing orange and white. Who knows if they are right but they are very close to the kid.

I agree. In my mind, he wants to evaluate his options one more time and then let UT give him their best pitch with his last visit. I feel like if Butch and co. can answer all his questions and we are looking good on the recruiting trail at that point, he will take the plunge and commit to the VOLS!

Get real guys. Saban will be at Bama, just like Kelly decided to stay at Oregon. I get the lure of the NFL, but why? He's went that route once and failed miserably and looked like a dbag when he left Miami. I think he's learned from mistakes, and like his situation right now too much to leave.. that position being his boot up everyone in the SEC's arse.

He didn't fail miserably at Miami. He just picked the wrong QB to lead his team...should have went with Brees instead of Mcnabb. He actually had a 6 game win streak at one point. He was 9-7 his 1st year at miami and 6-10 his 2nd. It's not easy to win big year in and year out in the NFL--just ask Tom Coughlin who is one of the better coaches in the NFL but was on the hot seat multiple times before he won the superbowl. I think he just needed more time to build his team and he would have done well. But I doubt we will ever know how well he could do with more time in the NFL bc I don't see him leaving Alabama until he retires. I really hope I'm wrong tho.

Last edited:
He didn't fail miserably at Miami. He just picked the wrong QB to lead his team...should have went with Brees instead of Mcnabb. He had actually had a 6 game win streak at one point. He was 9-7 his 1st year at miami and 6-10 his 2nd. It's not easy to win big year in and year out in the NFL--just ask Tom Coughlin who is one of the best coaches in the NFL but has been on the hot seat multiple times in his time at NY. I think he just needed more time to build his team and he would have done well. But I doubt we will ever know how well he could do with more time in the NFL bc I don't see him leaving Alabama until he retires. I really hope I'm wrong tho.

Should have picked Brees instead of Culpepper, you mean...

I just don't think he's a good fit for the NFL. No doubt he's a great college coach but he has the luxury of bringing in 25 guys a year in the college ranks. In the NFL, you get the opportunity to sign 1 or 2 big name free agents (if you're lucky), a handful of draft choices and then you sort through the leftovers. Personnel decisions take on a much different flavor.

In addition to the Brees-Culpepper blunder, none of his draft choices really worked out.

As a Dolphin fan, I was pretty glad to see him leave...especially with a little bit of time and hindsight.

Actually the UA visit was already set up before UT got back in the picture. It will be one of the biggest recruiting weekends for the staff and could have a shiny new trophy to show as well.

What is really telling is that he delayed his decision, set up the UT visit, and really seems legit on giving the new UT staff a chance.

Actually the UA visit was already set up before UT got back in the picture. It will be one of the biggest recruiting weekends for the staff and could have a shiny new trophy to show as well.

What is really telling is that he delayed his decision, set up the UT visit, and really seems legit on giving the new UT staff a chance.

He!!, he seems like he wants to give Coach Davis.... I mean Coach Jones a chance .:)

In all seriousness, we have to put on the full court press that weekend

So you're saying, we should be rooting for Notre Dame tonight....

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back