13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always knew Bell was good, but out of both All-American games I think this kid was the 2nd best D player in either game, behind Hargreaves. Jones the DL going to MSU was close too, but Bell was all over the field, and never got beat in coverage.

I always knew Bell was good, but out of both All-American games I think this kid was the 2nd best D player in either game, behind Hargreaves. Jones the DL going to MSU was close too, but Bell was all over the field, and never got beat in coverage.

It's between those guys and Jaylon Smith the LB going to Notre Dame(Real athlete).

I did enjoy seeing him be there to help in coverage on almost every pass play. Based solely on all star games, I'd take him over Ramsey.

Nope, Terry Fair. Thought he might remember him since Bell was a childhood fan.

These kids would have been 3-4 years old when Terry Fair last played. I highly doubt they remember him...

They remember Eric Berry, thats about it.

Vonn Bell, the 5-star safety from Ridgeland, nearly committed after the completion of his senior season. One of the main reasons he waited was to give a fair shake to his childhood favorite, Tennessee.

“I waited because I wanted to go visit the campuses again, and give Tennessee a chance because they lost their coach at the end of the year,” Bell said. “I want to give everybody an equal and fair shot.”

How does Bell feel about the Volunteers? “They’re in a slump right now but I think Butch Davis … I mean, Butch Jones, is the guy that will bring them out of that slump.”

Vonn Bell on Nick Saban: “He’s a DB coach, and he’s going to be coaching me” | AJC College Sports Recruiting

TFair played in the league til 2005, though. Just sayin.

So you think an 8 or 9 year old would follow the NFL and then know enough about the players and where they played college ball?

I think sometimes us old timers forget how young these kids are and have to realize they followed a much different UT than we did.

So you think an 8 or 9 year old would follow the NFL and then know enough about the players and where they played college ball?

I think sometimes us old timers forget how young these kids are and have to realize they followed a much different UT than we did.

No I don't think that. But I do think when a kid hears "former UT and NFL cornerback" it resonates. And even 18 year olds that grew up in TN or in homes that cheered for TN fan may recognize the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back