Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Georgia

didn't she go to GT ?

Yes. She wanted to be the only good player on her team. Her parents were mad we recruited Mercedes Russell and she decommitted.

I could see doing that maybe if there were a lot of money to be made in the WNBA but there just isn't. You aren't increasing your chances of going pro, you aren't being challenged in practice and you aren't winning anything in college.

I was really skeptical while Holly was hired as the new coach, but i am fast becoming a believer...I didn't like what i had saw the past 2 seasons, especially last year when she was definitely coaching that team, but i quess it is hard when u still have the legend on the beach, and called the head coach...We have always had the lady vols, and at a time when our athletic program is not very good, it is nice to see that our women can still do their thang..With the freshman and sophs this team has, and seeing the program can still get good recruits, the future has me believing again..Way to go coach, so i doubted u...lol

CHW is doing a good job fall2hb,i liked the hire when it was made,she has learned a lot from Pat

they are dynamite,just imagine what the Lady Vols would look like with no injuries and they don't have a deep bench body wise either

Last edited:
they are dynamite,just imagine what the Lady Vols would look like with no injuries and they don't have a deep bench body wise either

Yeah, I think they are one or two players away from really contending. It hurt not getting Davis or DeShields to go with Mercedes in this next class. We will have to hope Tucker and the other guard are up to the task.

Carter looked good on defense but we never got to see if she would come around offensively before her injury.

We should as good a front line as anyone next year with Graves, Harrison and Russell. We just need an elite guard or two to complete the lineup since the ones we have are juniors and seniors this year.

I wonder if CHW will fill all the spots next year?,i would like for her to carry at least 13 players and i don't know who they are looking at the year after and how many they will need,all i can say is CHW is doing a fine job so far,it seems the young team is coming together nicely

Bashaara and Izzy just flat-out dominated the inside today. Georgia couldn't stop them. Meighan hit some big shots and played great defense. Ariel, while not a huge offensive threat, is becoming a great leader on the floor. When Ariel's out, Kamiko has no problem coming in and leading this team. It's great to have two guards like them. Whenever one is out, the other comes right in and and picks up where they left off. Taber didn't have a great offensive game today but my goodness that girl hustles on every single play. She doesn't let anything affect her. She just plays with heart every time she's on the floor. Jasmine is really starting to come into her own. She's getting better with each game. I'm really proud of how this team has responded and stepped lately. I know I forgot to mention Jasmine P. and Nia but we haven't had the chance to see much of either of them lately. Hopefully that will change soon. Anyways, all in all I am really impressed with how the ladies are playing and with the job Holly and staff are doing.

and here is to somebody putting the comcast games on the internet or somebody showing the games,which i doubt,come on MyVLT TV lol

I just(30 minutes ago) watched the replay on espn3.com. Man, Georgia really wilted after tn went up by >10 in the second half. All those beatings over the years have carried over... lol

you wouldn't believe what it is doing,you have to be super fast to get to a setting lol

We have a new TV that flips thru it's settings too. The power button control has a problem. IF held down, it worked. Kidlet son solved the problem with a wad of gum,, no ****! hahaha

it was weird,no picture or anything,i knew it was needing the channel set right,i couldn't get it set with the control for the TV,i picked up the remote for the satellite,punched menu and the damn thing worked lol i've no idea what happened :)

and the girls looked damn fine again ,CHW is doing a good job

Yep, we could have used her. We will need an elite guard or two to go with the three dominant posts we will have next year.

Yeah, I think they are one or two players away from really contending. It hurt not getting Davis or DeShields to go with Mercedes in this next class. We will have to hope Tucker and the other guard are up to the task.

Carter looked good on defense but we never got to see if she would come around offensively before her injury.
We should as good a front line as anyone next year with Graves, Harrison and Russell. We just need an elite guard or two to complete the lineup since the ones we have are juniors and seniors this year.

The guards are coming next year trust you won't remember davis or deshields when you see them...one of them gave deshields fits when their teams went against each other and deshields said I can see why she is going to tennessee....2013-2014 should be special

The guards are coming next year trust you won't remember davis or deshields when you see them...one of them gave deshields fits when their teams went against each other and deshields said I can see why she is going to tennessee....2013-2014 should be special

That would be just what the doctor ordered. Isn't Tucker coming off a major knee injury though? I know the other one (whose names escapes me) is supposed to be better than her ranking.

VN Store

Back