Most High School wins in the State of TN

Last 10 yrs or so I'd say maryville

As a left handed pitcher for McGavock High School in 1989, I came in the state championship game against Maryville in the 9th inning with the bases loaded and a tie score. I struck out the first 2 batters, then the 3rd roped a single up the middle winning the game. Have not like Maryville in any sport since that day. I know...cool story bro.

Winning percentage would prolly provide a clearer picture. Lots of schools have opened or closed since the State's inception.

Don't know the school, but in basketball my ole high school coach leads in the most wins. Buck Vanhuss he only coached at two schools, Hampton and Dobyns-Bennett in Kingsport

Last edited:
Who has the most victories in FOOTBALL in the state of TN. Not in the last 5-10 years but throughout the schools history. Alot of high schools has been around for a long time.

I know at one time Springfield was the all time leader in wins in football in the state, and I believe pretty high in the national standing as well. This was back in the sixties or so and due mostly to the length of the program as one of the oldest highschool football teams in the state. I don't think they are currently number one though.

I don't know about football, but Dobyns-Bennett has more basketball wins than any high school in the United States.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know about football, but Dobyns-Bennett has more basketball wins than any high school in the United States.

I think they are also the high school in TN with the most victories,somewhere around the 800 mark or close to it. Dobyns Bennett has been around as a high school for a very long time.

Reactions: 1 person
As a left handed pitcher for McGavock High School in 1989, I came in the state championship game against Maryville in the 9th inning with the bases loaded and a tie score. I struck out the first 2 batters, then the 3rd roped a single up the middle winning the game. Have not like Maryville in any sport since that day. I know...cool story bro.

Lefty huh? That explains a lot...

I know at one time Springfield was the all time leader in wins in football in the state, and I believe pretty high in the national standing as well. This was back in the sixties or so and due mostly to the length of the program as one of the oldest highschool football teams in the state. I don't think they are currently number one though.

You are high I am from Greenbrier and Springfield had a few good teams like that one year they went 10-0 and lost first round lol. Greenbrier sucks and we still beat Springfield.

Dobyns Bennett has a total of 750 wins,most in the State of Tennessee in football. And they are ranked 22nd in the nation in wins right now. There basketball program is the winningest team in the nation for high school basketball with over 2100 victories. They were the first team to surpass 2000 wins for any program in basketball including college or pro. Great Tradition with this high school.

Dobyns Bennett has a total of 750 wins,most in the State of Tennessee in football. And they are ranked 22nd in the nation in wins right now. There basketball program is the winningest team in the nation for high school basketball with over 2100 victories. They were the first team to surpass 2000 wins for any program in basketball including college or pro. Great Tradition with this high school.

Teams with the most state championships have a greater tradition. :yes:

Who has the most victories in FOOTBALL in the state of TN. Not in the last 5-10 years but throughout the schools history. Alot of high schools has been around for a long time.
CBHS in Memphis has the most wins all time in football in the state of Tennessee.I read it on a site a few months ago.Ill try to find it and link it.

Shelbyville's HS girls BB- 12 state championships

2 national titles

Rick Insell built a dynasty there, now coaching MTSU.

Dobyns Bennett has a total of 750 wins,most in the State of Tennessee in football. And they are ranked 22nd in the nation in wins right now.

Yes, but it has been almost half-a-century since they won a state title, 1964. At that time they would have had more titles than anyone, although the disclaimer indicates that TSSAA doesn't recognize all the titles claimed by various schools. 1964 is a very looooooonnng dryspell.

You are high I am from Greenbrier and Springfield had a few good teams like that one year they went 10-0 and lost first round lol. Greenbrier sucks and we still beat Springfield.

Back whe Boyce Smith was coach they were dominance in the state. I've been talking to a lot of old times in town. Springfield has been playing football for over 100 years. I believe the stats. And a state championship in 93. What had Greenbrier done? Just saying....

VN Store

Back