Tyler Summitt

Do you really think Pat's legacy will just be a "glimmer" in any LV fans memory within the next 25 years? Thats crazy talk.....if you believe otherwise you are a fool.

In the next 25 years? Of course. Memories and the emotions that go with them fade for everyone in varying degrees over time.

Do you really think Pat's legacy will just be a "glimmer" in any LV fans memory within the next 25 years? Thats crazy talk.....if you believe otherwise you are a fool.
It's disappointing to see a poster branded as "crazy" or, a "fool" just because they disagree with the opinion of another poster, particularly when there is no way to determine the answer to the point in question. That type of response will make potential posters think twice about posting on this forum. It's disrespectful.

I have to agree that fame is fleeting. Look at some individuals whose fame has faded. Jim Thorpe, Audie Murphy, Jesse Owens.

The public can change their opinion rapidly. All that needs to happen is for some juicy tidbit to become public a la Joe Paterno, O.J. Simpson, Tiger Woods.

Things that would affect Pat's stature in history would be someone equaling or exceeding her National Championship total. Also, Women's college basketball isn't a widely followed sport, and Tennessee isn't followed by many outside the state. That's a pretty small population in the scheme of things. Another factor is the advanced average age of Tennessee's fan base. If we can't keep playing at the highest level young fans will go elsewhere.

I'd say we should enjoy what Pat has given us and not worry about the future.

I hope Tyler has a desire to come back and coach at TN,he does need time away from his mom,the legend ,as far as being the head coach,i do hope CHW has long and great run :)

VN Store

Back