The Runner's thread

With bamacheats new shoes, got me thinking. Has anyone embraced the minumus road or trail shoes?

I'm transitioning to these New Balance minimus zero road shoes:
mr00sb_nb_02_i

I can definitely tell a difference since trying this shoe the last month, as I tend to run with a heel strike and pronation with overly cushioned shoes.

With bamacheats new shoes, got me thinking. Has anyone embraced the minumus road or trail shoes?

mr00sb_nb_02_i

I can definitely tell a difference since trying this shoe the last month, as I tend to run with a heel strike and pronation with overly cushioned shoes.

I haven't embraced minimal shoe movement but this fall I transitioned into the Nike Free Run after 20+ years of running with orthotics in a traditional neutral shoe. I'm up to ~30 miles/week alternating the Nike Free and LunarFly w/out orthotics. I'm not a hardcore barefoot supporter but I do think running shoes have caused as many problems as they've helped.

mr00sb_nb_02_i

I've done a lot of reading about the whole minimalist running surge, but I got turf toe in my right foot in high school and I never got rid of it. It used to be really bad before I started running a lot but it seems like since I've been running more, It never really even hurts anymore. I'm afraid of trying minimalist shoes because I think it would put a lot more strain/bending on my big toe.

Good lookin' shoes. What did you think about the Fleet Feet store? I was pretty impressed with them and I will use them again.

I liked them ok. I'm not much of a shopper, so 30 min was a bit long. I usually just see a shoe, get my size, that's it. Don't really even try them on.

I'm not really a NB fan either, but I'll give it a shot. Going on my first run tomorrow. Goal is 3 miles.

mr00sb_nb_02_i

That's about all I wear now. I wear the Merrel version of that shoe. I've never run in them though.

I liked them ok. I'm not much of a shopper, so 30 min was a bit long. I usually just see a shoe, get my size, that's it. Don't really even try them on.

I'm not really a NB fan either, but I'll give it a shot. Going on my first run tomorrow. Goal is 3 miles.

Good luck on your first run and just remember ... It's not about how long it takes you. Just that you finish the distance you set for yourself.

mr00sb_nb_02_i

I tried the minumus when it first came out and it wasn't really comfterable to me. I am running in some Brooks shoes right now that I got from Fleet Feet. I have put about 20-30 miles on them so far and really like the way the feel. I have always been a Nike shoe fan because I have narrow heel and they seem to fit the best for my foot but these Brooks have really worked well.

If you'd like a nice minimalist shoe with just enough heel drop & cushion to not kill your feet on the asphault try the Saucony Kinvara. I've used them for years as my training & racing shoes.

mr00sb_nb_02_i

y'all know I'm a big 5 finger guy but I bought a pair of Minimus for running in the winter. absolutely love them. find myself running in them as much as the five fingers.

1.4 today in 12:39. Meant to run 1.5, but I wasn't sure how far down the cul-de-sac I needed to go before turning around, I know next time.

Weekly Total: 8.4 miles

The Minimus isn't big enough in the toebox for me, but I love the Brooks PureCadence. It's similar to the Kinvaras that Bison is talking about. I also do lots of runs in my Five Fingers and I completely wore out a pair of Vibram Minimalist shoes.

3 tonight. First week back, 9 miles so far with 4 planned on Saturday. Getting my lungs back slowly. I'm also pushing my baby girl in a Bob jogging stroller which gives a little bit extra challenge

3 tonight. First week back, 9 miles so far with 4 planned on Saturday. Getting my lungs back slowly. I'm also pushing my baby girl in a Bob jogging stroller which gives a little bit extra challenge

It's more than a little bit of a challenge. I pushed my son a few times when he was younger and man it's a work out. Doing this should help you with your pace when you are running without her. At least it helped me with my pace anyways.

It's more than a little bit of a challenge. I pushed my son a few times when he was younger and man it's a work out. Doing this should help you with your pace when you are running without her. At least it helped me with my pace anyways.

That's what I am hoping! And yes it's tough, especially up hills

2.89 miles today. My phone died at the 2.4 mile mark, don't know what my time was. I need to stop using the GPS and just time it. I'm ready for my LR tomorrow. I'll weigh in in the morning. First week is looking like a success so far.

Weekly Total: 11.29 miles

Marathon is off the table. No freakin way! I can't even run 1 straight mile without stopping because it feels like my heart is pumping hydrochloric acid. I don't think I can even do a half marathon. Ever! Holy hell! I don't know how you guys do it. My lungs feel like they're the size of sandwich bags.

At least my new shoes were comfortable. Of course, they did a lot more walking than running.

Marathon is off the table. No freakin way! I can't even run 1 straight mile without stopping because it feels like my heart is pumping hydrochloric acid. I don't think I can even do a half marathon. Ever! Holy hell! I don't know how you guys do it. My lungs feel like they're the size of sandwich bags.

At least my new shoes were comfortable. Of course, they did a lot more walking than running.

The hardest step is the first one. You really going to give up after one run?

VN Store

Back