the game is televised on

Sport South

listen here

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

WNML The Sports Animal

the Lady Vols are ranked 12th in the AP and
13th on the USA coaches poll

South Carolina is ranked 18th in the AP and 15th in the USA coaches poll

it is the start of SEC play and Burdick is out,which is bad news,that leaves 8 players able to play right now.

I'm not counting Phillips,because she hasn't played any since her academic problems,i thought she had corrected that,but something was said about a hip injury too,she might be in CHW doghouse for something we know nothing about too,in other words I just don't know :)

I have been worried with them only carry 11 players this year,lets hope there isn't any more injuries the rest of the season

Go Lady Vols

Reactions: 1 person
hey gule did you get your login problems figured out ? I meant to ask do you run a fire wall too? i use the save login info thing also and post here Need Help? - VolNation if you still have problems,like i said in the other game thread,I'll post it for you if you can't,I just thought I'd post this here ,encase you missed it,in the other thread,hope to see you tomorrow night :)

The past 2 times I've tried to log in, it has gone thru on the first attempt. Thanks for the offer of help though.

If I can remember to watch tonight's game I will for sure. Oregon & Kansas St. will be on prime time as well. Living in CT zone isn't bad for these late games that do happen from time to time. SC will be tough no doubt. I hope the Lady Vols will be up for this East showdown. Playing without Burdick will be a hoot.....looks like somebody will have to step up & show the coaching staff why they came to TN to play the big games. :rock:

Lady Vols are up 17 pts on girlcocks with 7 minutes to go. Yea Lady Vols. Izzy is a hot girl tonight with 18 pts & 12 rebounds so far. :)

The ladies are simply dominating this 2nd half. Izzy is playing the best I've ever seen her play.

whatever izzy ate today, feed the same to the whole team tomorrow! lol

Izzy played out of her mind tonight. Taber hit some big shots, as did Kamiko, Meghan, Ariel. The whole team played well to be honest.

Won by 20 points tonight. Great game girl Vols. 1-0 in the start of conference play. Tonight's final score 73-53.

Last edited:
Ladies played well on the road against a pretty good team. After we started rebounding and breaking the double team after defensive rebounds we played well. Harrison was great but I didn't see Graves on the floor much.

Ladies played well on the road against a pretty good team. After we started rebounding and breaking the double team after defensive rebounds we played well. Harrison was great but I didn't see Graves on the floor much.

I think Graves had a virus or something so didn't play much. Pretty remarkable victory considering who was ill or injured.

I think Graves had a virus or something so didn't play much. Pretty remarkable victory considering who was ill or injured.

Thanks. If we had known Graves would play little we probably wouldn't have given them much of a chance. We can beat the lower ranked teams now and with all healthy we dhould be ready for the higher ranked teams in March.

I think as Simmons and Spani goes so go the Vols.

Graves still played over 30 mins I believe. That speaks volumes for the heart this young lady has!!! To play as she did, on top of being sick, is amazing. She is a true Lady Vol! Izzy has been the biggest surprise of all, and I couldn't be happier for her! If she keeps it up, she should be in the running for SEC POY or at least DPOY! It was also great to see Taber have the game she had last night. Riel did an amazing job leading her team! It good to see her looking to score more, and get to the free throw line. Whatever Holly has said to her has fired her up, and she has responded beautifully. Simmons played a bit out of control at times last night, and rushed several shots, but she's been solid on defense.

Wow, I didn't realize Graves had played that many minutes. I did see where the ref was after her at the end of the game. If she so much as sneezed she got called for a foul. She had to have about three of them in the last 5 minutes or so.

The stats show that she played 34 minutes. I don't believe that. She was out a long time in the second half because I made a comment about how she hadn't been in. I couldn't believe the foul call on Simmons when the girl just slipped and went down. There were some bad calls last night. The officials seem to be having a tough time this year.

Graves best freshman since Candace. Simmons and Graves took over this game in the second half.

VN Store

Back