'13 CA OL Chongo Kondolo (Nebraska commit)

MongoBut200JPG.jpg

RIP Alex Karras.

Based on his offer list and the video alone, he definitely seems to be one of those under the radar type guys. One would think he would have offers from some big time programs based on that video.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder if Kessling has final say so on coaches and recruits? I mean "Butch Jones". How hard could that be.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound guard has been talking to new Tennessee offensive line coach Don Mahoney and was offered by him recently.

"My mom told me because I was out of the country but my mom told me yesterday and I talked to coach 'Mo' the o-line coach yesterday and today," Kondolo said Wednesday. "I've been talking to him for about three weeks now, since when the new staff came in. I had been messaging him on Facebook and he kept saying he wanted me to be apart of the family and I guess he just reiterated it the last two days."

"The offense they run, they like running the ball, they're run first," Kondolo said about what he likes with Tennessee." "Then the fact that it's an SEC team and they play good competition every week in the season and the facilities at Tennessee and also coach 'Mo,' I've been talking to him a lot and I like the fact that he's a family man and he seems to care more than just about football."

"Right now it's the schools that have been on me for a while like Fresno State, Nevada, Syracuse and Arkansas just called me today. The new offensive line coach is interested in me, too. Nebraska is interested in as well," Kondolo offered.

"I know about the winning tradition and how they've been away from that for a few years and I know the facilities would really help me improve me as player," Kondolo said. "I like the coaching staff because they did a good job at Cincinnati so hopefully Tennessee can get back to where they were."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like we need true juniors. We might take 7 offensive linemen this year....

Make sense.. Going to lose 4 starters next year including Richardson... Jelks was a miss by Dooley

Make sense.. Going to lose 4 starters next year including Richardson... Jelks was a miss by Dooley

Yeah which is concerning. I'd like us to take at least two JUCO linemen this season and redshirt them. We'll probably going to need to add another JUCO OL or two next class as well.

Sounds like the staff can wrap this one up if they want.

I hope I am wrong, but it sounded like he said it was the schools that have been on him from the beginning that are in the lead. The fact that he is visiting though gives me hope.

Wonder if he could actually RS next year if our OL stays healthy. We have strong depth and would give him two years to really play.

And yes, I know that sounds crazy for a Juco.

Wonder if he could actually RS next year if our OL stays healthy. We have strong depth and would give him two years to really play.

And yes, I know that sounds crazy for a Juco.

I agree, I hope that would be the case. We would get the benefit of a guy having playing experience with a full year in the system as well. We could be losing 4/5 starters next year.

"Right now it's the schools that have been on me for a while like Fresno State, Nevada, Syracuse and Arkansas just called me today. The new offensive line coach is interested in me, too. Nebraska is interested in as well," Kondolo offered.

Pittman likes this guy as well. Thats funny, almost ironic.
edit: I love this kids athleticism, power and drive. He is far above Cody Clay imo.

Last edited:
He looks to me like more of a guard candidate than tackle. His pass blocking technique leaves a lot to be desired but the athleticism certainly is there to work out at right tackle I suppose.

He looks to me like more of a guard candidate than tackle. His pass blocking technique leaves a lot to be desired but the athleticism certainly is there to work out at right tackle I suppose.

6'3 is kinda short for a tackle in the SEC, dude is guard all the way.

We need some help on the interior of our line so I would take this guy without question.

Interested to see how the recruitment of Clay and Kondolo play out.

I think we deff want 3 out of Kondolo, Clay, Morris, and Koehler. My prediction is that we get the first 3 I mentioned.

VN Store

Back