What oil(and filter) do you use?

We do oil changes here at the dealership I work at for 18.88 plus tax. That's using a factory oil filter and Valvoline semi-synthetic oil.

I think I pay $21.99 to get mine changed at the dealership.
standard oil filter with 5w20 Valvoline.

41KwGLIRyUL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

DieselOilFilterGroup.jpg

What kind of car are you using that in? I'm not trusting a "green oil" in a 7-8k dollar engine.

MazdaSpeed 3

2.3 liter Direct Injection, turbocharged and intercooled.

If it's good enough for Mazda's American LeMans team it's good enough for me.

Also it's AMERICAN made.

AMERICAN made, makes AMERICAN JOBS!!!!!!!!!

Okay. If it's not good enough for me to drink it, then my car doesn't drink it. I may give it a shot. Royal Purple usually tears up my stomach a bit.

Wow. Nice car nerd. Turbo's in a small displacement engine is the way to go.

Is it still "factory" or have you tuned it any?

I raced a vw that was turbo'd and it would get it. He said he was pushing 32 lbs of boost. My lightning at the time was making 16 lbs. (supercharged though as opposed to turbo)

I beat him but it was tight.

Mazda is owned by ford. So I may need to check out this oil. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow. Nice car nerd. Turbo's in a small displacement engine is the way to go.

Is it still "factory" or have you tuned it any?

I raced a vw that was turbo'd and it would get it. He said he was pushing 32 lbs of boost. My lightning at the time was making 16 lbs. (supercharged though as opposed to turbo)

I beat him but it was tight.

Mazda is owned by ford. So I may need to check out this oil. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks man. I like it a lot.

I've made a few small modifications, to enhance the driving feel and horsepower. Short ram intake, which yields upwards of 15hp and 20lbft. Shifter bushings and a stronger rear motor mount for driving feel.

These push 15.6lbs of boost.

I always liked the Ford Lightnings.

Your new ride is sharp too. Independent rear axle, right?

Ford does not own Mazda anymore. They cut ties a few years back, but my car is based on a ford chassis, and uses a bunch of volvo parts (brakes and other bits). Your Cobra was absolutely built during the Ford-Mazda time period.

I bought into G-Oil after watching the Mazda team run real well using the stuff. They actually run the same block in the race car as is in my car, so if they trust their $50,000 engines with it, it will work in mine. The biggest draw for me is the fact that it is made in America.

You've been making a lot of race stereotype jokes at me recently. What's your deal? They're not funny.

Sorry to offend. Not familiar with any interactions with you. I don't think we frequent the same threads, nerd-vol doesn't really ring a bell. Have no idea of your race. Carry on.

Fwiw, a small town redneck owns the car that I posted a pic of.

Thanks man. I like it a lot.

I've made a few small modifications, to enhance the driving feel and horsepower. Short ram intake, which yields upwards of 15hp and 20lbft. Shifter bushings and a stronger rear motor mount for driving feel.

These push 15.6lbs of boost.

I always liked the Ford Lightnings.

Your new ride is sharp too. Independent rear axle, right?

Ford does not own Mazda anymore. They cut ties a few years back, but my car is based on a ford chassis, and uses a bunch of volvo parts (brakes and other bits). Your Cobra was absolutely built during the Ford-Mazda time period.

I bought into G-Oil after watching the Mazda team run real well using the stuff. They actually run the same block in the race car as is in my car, so if they trust their $50,000 engines with it, it will work in mine. The biggest draw for me is the fact that it is made in America.

I was unaware of the Ford Mazada split. Wow.

Yeah the cobra is IRS. I had a regular mustang gt in 2001. Loved it. But solid axle in the rear made for a stiff ride. I really like the IRS in the cobra.

Definetly going check out this oil. Does it have the availability to run extended miles between changes?

Do you service your own car or take to a shop to get if done? Is this oil generally avaiable at local chains?

Looked up your car. Makes great horsepower and torque numbers for a small car. I bet its a blast to drive. And superb fuel mileage on top of that.

Great choice nerd

MazdaSpeed 3

2.3 liter Direct Injection, turbocharged and intercooled.

If it's good enough for Mazda's American LeMans team it's good enough for me.

Also it's AMERICAN made.

AMERICAN made, makes AMERICAN JOBS!!!!!!!!!

So is AmsOil

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back