What oil(and filter) do you use?

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on this before but I couldn't find it when doing a search.

I usually use Royal Purple, but recently decided to go with AmsOil for the new truck. I'm sticking with using K&N HP filters

Well I can get the AmsOil for $5 a quart and I found the K&N filters for $10 online.

Bosch oil filter
K&N air filter
I live in Florida so I use 10W 30 year round, I also put oil stabilizer in with the oil when I change it.

Edit: Lucus heavy duty Oil stabilizer & Lucas Gtx oil.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on this before but I couldn't find it when doing a search.

I usually use Royal Purple, but recently decided to go with AmsOil for the new truck. I'm sticking with using K&N HP filters

What kind of new truck?

I ran royal purple in my lightning. But I am going to be using amsoil in the cobra.

Have heard too many horror stories on royal purple causing oil leaks from breaking down seals and gaskets.

What kind of new truck?

I ran royal purple in my lightning. But I am going to be using amsoil in the cobra.

Have heard too many horror stories on royal purple causing oil leaks from breaking down seals and gaskets.

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Pro 4X

Attachments

• 20121231_105620.jpg
    20121231_105620.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 1 person
so it'd be about 30 bucks. not bad. amsoil can go even further between changes right?

Yeah. Granted the big trucks hold more oil but they get 25,000 per oil change.

In a pick up I bet he could safely get 7-8k between changes. Just change filter every 4k

My Corvettes get Mobil1 synthetic, since that's what they got from the factory and I think it's good oil, although I do like Royal Purple a lot as well.

I can also wholeheartedly endorse the Titan Pro4X. I had an '08 and loved it. Have a regular '05 Titan now.

Both of my cars use Mobil 1 Synthetic - for different reasons.

My 3.0L Mercedes V6 calls for Mobil 1 0w-40 and a fleece filter I get from Mann or the dealer. Granted - it takes 8.5 quarts and only requires changing every 13,000 miles.

My Lexus RX 3.3L V6 has 120,000 miles on it and I have started putting Mobil 1 High Mileage (5w-30) in it every 5,000 miles. Only 5 Quarts for that one. I started using the Mobil 1 Synthetic after having it in my other car. I'm not as picky with the filter in this one - I have used the Toyota filter from the dealership and the one in there now is a Fram from WalMart.

Usually Mobil 1, but occasionally RP oil and filter. RP is so expensive, but you can supposedly run it for like 12,000 miles.

I use Mobil 1 in my Jeep and a Fram Oil Filter. '95 Accord I use a mix of Lucas and Valvoline (we use it here at work). and the '11 Sonata uses the factory filter and the Valvoline oil (again because it's here at work and the car is still under warr.)

It's cheaper for me to have the dealership change my oil. They use Mobil1 synthetic and Beck-Arnley filters.

It's cheaper for me to have the dealership change my oil. They use Mobil1 synthetic and Beck-Arnley filters.

No way its cheaper than you can do it on your own. You just gotta do some looking around

Last edited:

What is AmsOil? I've seen Royal Purple before, but I've never seen AmsOil. I generally use Castrol Edge.

What is AmsOil? I've seen Royal Purple before, but I've never seen AmsOil. I generally use Castrol Edge.

It's a high quality oil. Used in diesel trucks (otr) for longevity. Works great as well in performance engines.

Well worth the investment

VN Store

Back