'13 SC DL Jaylen Miller (UT signee)

Have we actually heard anything about this kid or is it just someone Hubbs thinks we might make a push for? Has he visited? Will he visit? TIA

Reactions: 1 person
Any kid who stands out in that district is a player. The schools in that area, Gaffney, Dorman, Byrnes, Spartan High, Boiling Springs-have been sending some studs to Clemson and South Carolina over the years. Very competitive.

+1

""I love Tennessee. Ever since my ninth grade year and I went up to my first camp there and I mean loved Tennessee since the beginning and I guess the last staff didn't want me so I really didn't think about Tennessee. I still like the school, I just didn't consider it since it was a school that I didn't have an offer from them. Now that I have an offer from there I'm willing to go there."

"I just got off the phone with them earlier today. I talked to the defensive coordinator and coach Graham and another coach as well," Miller said. "They were telling me they wanted me really bad and they're trying to set up an official visit for the weekend of Feb. 2."

Miller finished his senior season with an eye-popping 27 sacks and he actually talked to the Tennessee coaches on Tuesday and they let him know then how he would fit into the Vols' scheme.

"I called coach (Tuesday) and we were talking and he was telling me how I would fit perfect with their scheme," Miller said. "It was great to hear." Miller said the coaches told him he'd line up at defensive end for the Vols unless he added a lot of weight.

"Playing defensive end is one of my priorities in looking at colleges and they talked to me about playing defensive end. He said the only way I would move inside is if I weighed 300-pounds or something," Miller offered."

- VQ

Reactions: 4 people
DL Help!! Alright!! Good to see we have at least a chance to get some guys on the DL in this class. I was getting worried. JM looks like a great player. Think he ends up at DT, but if the promise of DE with the weight restriction gets him in Orange, that works for me.

Hope we can land him as Gaffney plays physical football, and their prospects tend to live up to the bill. Also they have one of the top WR's in 2014 class in shaq davidson, who also holds a Tennessee offer.

VN Store

Back