Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was good to see. I am starting to think part of Stokes' issues are frustration with working so hard in the post and then not getting rewarded for it by getting touches. His 2 fouls at the end of the 1st half tonight both looked like a guy frustrated and looking to take it out on someone.

We don't have good passers to the post. Lopez and skylar are really the only ones that can, and that's a bad sign. Yemi passes better than our pg

Well it was good to see. I am starting to think part of Stokes' issues are frustration with working so hard in the post and then not getting rewarded for it by getting touches. His 2 fouls at the end of the 1st half tonight both looked like a guy frustrated and looking to take it out on someone.

The problem is he gets double or triple teamed constantly. Attack the boards, the points will follow.

Thought Reese showed some good flashes tonight passing into the post.

Yes he did. Looks like he has a good feel for the game, especially a freshman off of injury. If he can stretch the d, and mcbee can find his stroke, the floor should open up for everybody. But if I see the film, I make him put it on the floor. Don't know if he has a post game or if he can handle the ball and take his man.
Don't know whats up with Edwards, unless its D related. And I haven't liked Chievous, who kindof spazzes out.

He does a lot of little things, not just the rebounds and charges. Even things as simple as coming to the ball when someone is in trouble, rather than just standing and watching.

Yemi is an extremely smart player, especially defensively. Having only played the game for three years in the states, his relative understanding of it is impressive. If his offense comes around to the level of his defense, he will be a really nice accidental find by this staff. Ironic, as offense usually comes more naturally and defense takes longer.

Yes he did. Looks like he has a good feel for the game, especially a freshman off of injury. If he can stretch the d, and mcbee can find his stroke, the floor should open up for everybody. But if I see the film, I make him put it on the floor. Don't know if he has a post game or if he can handle the ball and take his man.
Don't know whats up with Edwards, unless its D related. And I haven't liked Chievous, who kindof spazzes out.

Edwards was injured

5th straight double double tonight for Stokes...

His last 7 games...
31mpg 16ppg 10.7rpg 66%fg 64%ft

Since SEC play...
28.9mpg 13.7ppg 9.8rpg 57%fg 62%ft

No, Im not. I simply found it very interesting to see those names being the center of this thread and wanted to share it with you all :-0

Nice game for the kid, 20 pts 10 rebs. Ok, now lets see if he can do that again the rest of this season. I know he has it in him, but will he? I hope he proves me wrong.

No, Im not. I simply found it very interesting to see those names being the center of this thread and wanted to share it with you all :-0

Nice game for the kid, 20 pts 10 rebs. Ok, now lets see if he can do that again the rest of this season. I know he has it in him, but will he? I hope he proves me wrong.

He's averaging 13 points, 10 boards on 57% shooting from the field in SEC play.

Stop trolling.

5 straight games is pretty good. I take it you haven't played basketball. You know how difficult it would be to keep up a double double for the remaining 8 games plus the SEC tournament. Give the man his props.

So you're saying he's not been consistent lately???

5th straight double double tonight for Stokes...

His last 7 games...
31mpg 16ppg 10.7rpg 66%fg 64%ft

Since SEC play (12 games)
28.9mpg 13.7ppg 9.8rpg 57%fg 62%ft

Why am I trolling? lol So what, Ive been hard on Stokes lately. Why is that trolling? A troll to me is somebody that has no ties to UT and hates on us..thats a troll. I am an alum and fan, how can I troll on my own team? I expected more from Stokes, and now Im getting it. Good for him. LIke I said, its great to see him score 20 and board relentessly. I just EXPECT him to do this or come close every game. He is that good! Hes starting to act like the stud he is..good to see.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back