Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Milo...we are a contradictory of each other....My Favorite EPL team is the Hotspurs(I was ecstatic when they signed Dempsey)....but my Favorite La Liga is Real Madrid(although I thoroughly enjoy watching Barca play, beautiful soccer)....and my Favorite MLS team is.........you guessed it....Seattle Sounders.....lol....but I do love watching them play Portland...there may not be a better atmosphere in sports than when those 2 get together.....
Nice re: Spurs. Totally arbitrary for me. But I feel like there's already enough love in this world for Chelsea, Man U and Gunners.

My Barcelona fanhood has more to do with an affinity for Catalan culture.

As for the Flounders... :no: Sounders supporters are consumers. PTFC supporters are truly just that. "Seattle has fans because of MLS. Portland has MLS because of the fans."

Yeah, don't look for Will Johnson to score a lot of goals, but he'll play hard. He is a former all-star, but I'm not sure he's THAT good, but definitely a quality player.

I've seen him, he should compliment chara nicely by allowing him to play back of the diamond instead of doing fkkn everything in the midfield.

Nice re: Spurs. Totally arbitrary for me. But I feel like there's already enough love in this world for Chelsea, Man U and Gunners.

My Barcelona fanhood has more to do with an affinity for Catalan culture.

As for the Flounders... :no: Sounders supporters are consumers. PTFC supporters are truly just that. "Seattle has fans because of MLS. Portland has MLS because of the fans."

My fanship of Tottenham goes back to when our present US Men's coach was the star...I was just getting into soccer when he was there and he was always being talked about....for some reason I started to like them and have since....I do pull for Liverpool some except when they play the Spurs....

I am a Ronaldo fan is why I cheer Real Madrid...but I also am a Spain fan so I do root for Barca some...they play the game the way it needs to be played....short, consise, one touch passes....not kick and run...

I probably would have been a Timbers fan had they been in MLS longer...I liked Seattle when I caught one of their games and saw how loud and passionate the fanbase was...when the league first started I like the Columbus Crew....but have waned on them since they won it all...

I'm new here, I'm a big ManU fan. My MLS team is San Jose Earthquakes (my home town). Was very disappointed with the way the playoffs went down. F*** LA

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, it's part of a nice new sporting complex.

In other news, there's a new pro women's league, and the team in Portland just picked up Alex Morgan, sooo... I may be going to watch some women's soccer a time or two this year.

RSL is doing their preseason in AZ. Going to see them play the Danish U-20 team on Monday morning, and a few weeks later there is a tournament with like 4 MLS teams. Glad I get to see some soccer down this way.

Yeah, it's part of a nice new sporting complex.

In other news, there's a new pro women's league, and the team in Portland just picked up Alex Morgan, sooo... I may be going to watch some women's soccer a time or two this year.

Her photo with a ManU jersey on = extra sexy

MLS is just around the corner.

In other news...

Here's who Klinsmann has called up for camp and candidates for the WCQ against Guatemala:

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (World Cup qualifying Caps/Goals)

GOALKEEPERS (3)
Brad Guzan (Aston Villa - 5/3 SO)
Tim Howard (Everton - 22/9 SO)
Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire - 0/0)

DEFENDERS (9)
Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City - 0/0)
Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander - 31/5)
Geoff Cameron (Stoke City - 5/0)
Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana - 0/0)
Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg - 0/0)
Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders - 0/0)
Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy - 0/0)
Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim - 3/0)
Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg - 3/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8)
Michael Bradley (Roma - 19/5)
Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo - 0/0)
Maurice Edu (Bursaspor - 9/0)
Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04 - 5/0)
Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht - 12/0)
Jose Torres (Tigres - 9/0)
Danny Williams (Hoffenheim - 4/0)
Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City - 3/0)

FORWARDS (4)
Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar - 17/6)
Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur - 26/10)
Herculez Gomez (Santos - 6/2)
Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders - 11/10)

MLS is just around the corner.

In other news...

Here's who Klinsmann has called up for camp and candidates for the WCQ against Guatemala:

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (World Cup qualifying Caps/Goals)

GOALKEEPERS (3)
Brad Guzan (Aston Villa - 5/3 SO)
Tim Howard (Everton - 22/9 SO)
Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire - 0/0)

DEFENDERS (9)
Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City - 0/0)
Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander - 31/5)
Geoff Cameron (Stoke City - 5/0)
Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana - 0/0)
Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg - 0/0)
Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders - 0/0)
Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy - 0/0)
Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim - 3/0)
Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg - 3/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8)
Michael Bradley (Roma - 19/5)
Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo - 0/0)
Maurice Edu (Bursaspor - 9/0)
Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04 - 5/0)
Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht - 12/0)
Jose Torres (Tigres - 9/0)
Danny Williams (Hoffenheim - 4/0)
Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City - 3/0)

FORWARDS (4)
Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar - 17/6)
Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur - 26/10)
Herculez Gomez (Santos - 6/2)
Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders - 11/10)

I love that Landon Donavan isn't playing. Looks like a good squad, I'm really interested in the young midfield.

Klejstan, Torres and Zusi are definitely three of that group to keep an eye on. They're all a year or two away from really hitting prime, and Zusi has made tremendous strides in MLS the last couple of seasons.

Also, Klinsmann basically has an open door policy regarding Donovan, so don't rule him out. WCQ will be tough this year, Guatemala's young talent is legit good (at Olympics, beat Spain and very nearly took Brazil to E.T. with 9 men), and Costa Rica beat the Yanks on US soil last time they met. I'd rather we ran out our best possible team for just about every match this year.

Also, Klinsmann basically has an open door policy regarding Donovan, so don't rule him out. WCQ will be tough this year, Guatemala's young talent is legit good (at Olympics, beat Spain and very nearly took Brazil to E.T. with 9 men), and Costa Rica beat the Yanks on US soil last time they met. I'd rather we ran out our best possible team for just about every match this year.

Agreed. With only 3 guaranteed spots in the WC from CONCACAF, I'm legitimately concerned about the US qualifying for the WC. They've had a horrible habit in recent years of playing to the level of their competition, both good and bad, and with several teams in the running that they "should" beat, it worries me.

Klejstan, Torres and Zusi are definitely three of that group to keep an eye on. They're all a year or two away from really hitting prime, and Zusi has made tremendous strides in MLS the last couple of seasons.

I really like Torres and Zusi. They have real talent to solidify the midfield for years.

I think it's kind of embarrassing that ESPN is televising Mexico's WC qualifier tonight but not the USA's. Is there some reason for this that I'm not aware of, because ESPN has typically carried US qualifiers, or is there really just more interest in the Mexican national team even here in The States?

I'm looking for radio or feed for an iPhone, any suggestions? I don't have wifi to download any apps right now, but do have tune-in

Bein Sport has those TV rights.

Lineup: Howard ©; Chandler, Gonzalez, Cameron, F. Johnson; Williams, Jones, Bradley, E. Johnson; Dempsey, Altidore

I got a response on twitter that they will have the game on NASN radio (tune in) and have a pregame show on now.

Donovan and Dempsey being called out by CJK, wow.

VN Store

Back