#3 Baylor Tops #10 Lady Vols, 76-53

What is telling about that is that Basillio needs to check his facts or present the whole story. Sounds like the typical on air hack trying to stir things up to get more listeners. The other thing that is telling is that I would think an intelligent person would seek out the facts rather than have something spoon fed via the air waves. I'm not sure if the word "supposedly" is yours or Ms. Basillio's.

You get on to people that call Griner a man, but you call Tony Basilio Ms. Basilio?

Can we not all agree that there Is a very good chance that Griner is transgender? There are other transgenders that are infiltrating woman's college bb this season at a lower level. Does this not present a very unfair advantage? I realize that Griner Is not to be blamed for how she was created but there must be some line drawn at the ncaa level. What if a talented male athlete had a complete sex change operation and legally assumed a woman's identity? Should that individual be eligible as well? In today's twisted society, these examples are real possibilities.

Last edited:
I think we would all love that. There is no downside to giving someone a chance to play pro-ball and unfortunately the only way to go pro in football or women's basketball is to go through college.

Making athletes pass college courses in order to pursue their profession makes no more sense than making someone bench press 300lbs or run a 5 minute mile if they want to be a lawyer or engineer. One has nothing to do with the other and they should not be linked.

While we have this completely nonsensical system in place it only makes sense to offer some special dispensation to people who don't have a college level intellect. Otherwise people will just cheat even more because they know the system as it currently exists is completely immoral and deserves to be gamed at every possible opportunity.

So yeah, Tony is a moron but he is right about this. And in Tennessee's case athletes can't even get in here that could get into Vanderbilt. Tell me that isn't all kinds of screwed up!
I agree with you regarding athletes and academics. But the rules should be changed for all schools. I wouldn't want to see Tennessee dumb down the standards to attract the stars with no interest or ability for academics while other schools maintain the higher standards. It makes the school look bad. Athletes should be able to major in "Professional Athletics" a major that doesn't have strict admission standards. They would have subjects like dealing with agents, finances, psychology of sports, etc. Things that would benefit them if they did become a pro.

Can we not all agree that there Is a very good chance that Griner is transgender? There are other transgenders that are infiltrating woman's college bb this season at a lower level. Does this not present a very unfair advantage? I realize that Griner Is not to be blamed for how she was created but there must be some line drawn at the ncaa level. What if a talented male athlete had a complete sex change operation and legally assumed a woman's identity? Should that individual be eligible as well? In today's twisted society, these examples are real possibilities.

I don't see how we can agree. Her voice is deep. What other characteristics point to transgender? She doesn't have male muscle mass, she doesn't have the protruding brow bone that males have.

Regarding unfair advantage, it isn't relevant. Candace Parker's height and talent was an unfair advantage. Should she have been banned? Just be thankful that Griner will graduate. No need to dehumanize her by the unsubstantiated insults.

VN Store

Back