Something Encouraging

nyc_vol

The relentless negativism surrounding Tennessee football lately has been depressing, so much so that I am trying - like a hopeless junkie - to wean myself off of daily interactions on these web sites. Let's face it: They can be an entertaining distraction, but mostly it's just nonsense and misinformation. Grudenmania was just the most surreal and intense example of how bad it can be.

So, it is with some satisfaction that I discovered that the fans' All-Pro picks (granted, not as authoritative as the real article but not completely distorted either) featured more Vols than reps from any other SEC school.

Peyton Manning of Denver Broncos tops fans' votes for Pro Bowl - ESPN

Tennessee has three - Manning, Foster, Mayo - while Ole Miss (Willis, Oher) and Georgia (Bailey, AJ Green) have two each. Actually, I would say our three, with the possible exception of Mayo, are locks for the actual Pro Bowl, while I'm not so sure about Oher and Champ Bailey.

Reactions: 1 person
it isn't more depressing that we've watched these idiots piss away what should be an enormous recruiting advantage?

Screw Hart, Cheek and Martin. They all suck.

Reactions: 11 people
it isn't more depressing that we've watched these idiots piss away what should be an enormous recruiting advantage?

Completely mind boggling to me that Dooley would turn away the likes of Eric Berry, Will Overstreet, Al Wilson away from the program.

Good news? You want good news, THE WORLD ENDS TOMORROW! How's that for good news? :eek:

I know what you're saying
Give em hell Butch!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The relentless negativism surrounding Tennessee football lately has been depressing, so much so that I am trying - like a hopeless junkie - to wean myself off of daily interactions on these web sites. Let's face it: They can be an entertaining distraction, but mostly it's just nonsense and misinformation. Grudenmania was just the most surreal and intense example of how bad it can be.

So, it is with some satisfaction that I discovered that the fans' All-Pro picks (granted, not as authoritative as the real article but not completely distorted either) featured more Vols than reps from any other SEC school.

Peyton Manning of Denver Broncos tops fans' votes for Pro Bowl - ESPN

Tennessee has three - Manning, Foster, Mayo - while Ole Miss (Willis, Oher) and Georgia (Bailey, AJ Green) have two each. Actually, I would say our three, with the possible exception of Mayo, are locks for the actual Pro Bowl, while I'm not so sure about Oher and Champ Bailey.

Interesting that both of Ole Miss's players are Tennessee boys. Build that fence Butch!!!!

Glad this thread went in the direction it did. The truth sets you free to see things for how they are. So many Doolanders have seen the truth finally, and I'm not implying that the posters on this thread were Doolanders since I know several were not. But it remains to be seen if CBJ will be an improvement or not. So why do so many former Doolanders jump on CBJ's bandwagon as the next in the line of UT football saviors?

To answer my own question - it's what they do. And Hart, Cheek, and Martin know it.

Wasn't there some chic named Martin on the board or something that was calling the shots with Hart and Cheek

You forgot to mention Hamilton, Dooley, and Jones. Otherwise, I agree completely.

GBO.......... despite administrators, AD's, and coaches who have tried to ruin UT football!

Good news? You want good news, THE WORLD ENDS TOMORROW! How's that for good news? :eek:

I know what you're saying
Give em heii Butch!

tumblr_mf7qnuXaNC1qz52h8o1_500.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Something Encouraging would be to win an SEC game and to receive a committment from a game changing player or two

Glad this thread went in the direction it did. The truth sets you free to see things for how they are. So many Doolanders have seen the truth finally, and I'm not implying that the posters on this thread were Doolanders since I know several were not. But it remains to be seen if CBJ will be an improvement or not. So why do so many former Doolanders jump on CBJ's bandwagon as the next in the line of UT football saviors?

To answer my own question - it's what they do. And Hart, Cheek, and Martin know it.

Isn't this what most fans do? I mean we all love the program and want to see some success finally whomever the coach is that can get us there. There isn't much we as fans can do to change the situation. Threatening to pull financial support makes no sense really b/c you end up just hurting the very thing you care about in the end. Yeah, maybe the lower revenues eventually force some kind of change, but more than likely, in the meantime, the program sinks to even lower depths making it a less desirable destination for top coaching candidates and recruits alike in the future. Then what happens? A perpetual cycle of blah....

I wasn't thrilled about CDD at all but I wanted him to be successful regardless because I love the Vols, same with CBJ. Hopefully, sooner than later, we are pleasantly surprised and strike coaching gold in spite of the other issues swirling around UT these days.

I'm a Vol not a Doolander or CBJ or CPF train rider. Who we got is who we are stuck with for the time being, so might as well hope and pray it all works out regardless if you believe it to be impossible or that the AD is a complete dolt.

Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back