"Ex-Vols Relish Jones Call"....Volquest

Volzilla

If there any doubters out there as to CBJ character and passion then I suggest you read this article from the night over 60 former players met with CBJ....

VolQuest.com - Ex-Vols relish Jones' call

Former Vol placekicker and National Champion Jeff Hall said the first thing he told his wife after getting home from meeting head coach Butch Jones and his staff Tuesday night was that he was finally excited about Tennessee football again.

Reactions: 78 people
Can the ex-vols be involved during recruits official visits? Seeing them and talking to them might be a big selling point unless its a violation.

I'll say this for CBJ - totally different off-season from "pick-up the phone and call me; don't just show up" and "Showergate" to this. That was a classy and much needed move by CBJ. Winning the offseason doesn't mean much (except in recruiting), but I know I will remember this, and I think many other Vol fans will as well.

Reactions: 10 people
I really like what CBJ is doing, I just hope it translates to wins.

Again, to borrow a Vietnam War-era metaphor, this is a classic grassroots "win the hearts and minds of the people" strategy. Coach Jones knows that he will never have a more receptive audience, as ambassadors of the program, than former players. I think Coach Jones is "crazy as a fox," i.e. always working in a calculated, strategic manner in everything that he does. Right now, we are in a dead period, in terms of recruiting, so he works on another front, one that he knows will generate not only good will but buzz and excitement as we move forward.

Reactions: 9 people
He's making $3 million per year with a so-so record in crappy conferences, so he better be doing everything right and working about 18 hours a day. I don't care about his family. I care about 4 and 5* recruits and wins.

He's making $3 million per year with a so-so record in crappy conferences, so he better be doing everything right and working about 18 hours a day. I don't care about his family. I care about 4 and 5* recruits and wins.

Dynamite drop in. From your amount of posts and the content I can tell you're neither a quality nor quantity guy. Pound sand, ye that say nay.

Reactions: 51 people
Excuse me sir but it seems you are missing out on one of the programs biggest selling points; family atmosphere. It is exactly what signs us these 4 and 5 star recruits. And the more "family" it feels, the better our success.

But carry on, sir. Grumble grumble!

Reactions: 28 people

So says the guy sitting on his couch. Get a life.

Reactions: 12 people

some may read your post and think, what an idiot!

...and they would be right.

Reactions: 28 people

No way you have orange blood,it has to be crimson.:finger3:

Reactions: 6 people
Vols BUTCH!

Unreal how this new coach is. Tennessee might have stumbled ass backwards into lighting Into the proverbial bottle.

As the song says... You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find... You get what you need.

GBO!

Reactions: 8 people

Are you unemployed? Single and lonely?

I really like what CBJ is doing, I just hope it translates to wins.

All this is great, I love it. But just like a really great salesman with all the skills, all that matters is money in the bank (wins).

I think, given 3 years, Butch just may be what we have been looking for.

Classy. Maybe you should reevaluate who's side you're on.

We ARE the Tennessee Vols!!!

Our history and traditions are something to ALWAYS be very proud of!!!

All around the world when people see the power T they instantly know that means Tennessee.

We are the Big Orange Nation and we stay proud no matter what.

You can't spell bUTch without the UT.

I like what he's doing so far and all real Vols fans need to unite, give him time to get 3 classes of his recruits on the field and stay classy and positive minded and watch the rebuilding process take shape over the next few years.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

:finger3::finger3::censored::censored::finger3::censored::finger3:

#Butch please#

This is actually a serious question. I guess I just don't understand how Dooley could have a Vol For Life program (which I thought was a good idea) and not want former Vols around? Did he tell former players to stay away?

VN Store

Back