'13 GA RB Peyton Barber

I think we're looking for 2 legit RBs that aren't scat-back types. Green + Ford/Barber + JoJo Kemp

If I'm picking two out of that group then I'm taking Green an Barber all day long. They are both strong/tough runners with enough speed to break off a long run. They both just run like an SEC RB should to me. I like Kemp pretty good too but he's definitely a notch bellow the other two for me. And Ford just looks too slow, I think he would be better suited at LB.

If I'm picking two out of that group then I'm taking Green an Barber all day long. They are both strong/tough runners with enough speed to break off a long run. They both just run like an SEC RB should to me. I like Kemp pretty good too but he's definitely a notch bellow the other two for me. And Ford just looks too slow, I think he would be better suited at LB.

Ford isn't slow at all. Why do you think Bama was looking at him at DB? He's more of breakaway threat than any of the other two backs.

This kid would be an absolute steal in a package with Lawson. The dude's a baller. He doesn't have elite breakaway speed, but he makes up for it with great vision, patience, cutback ability, and raw strength. He demoralizes Dlines and LB's, reads blocks very well and is as strong as an ox, runs through arm tackles like it's nothing. He's built like an RB, thick and stocky, legs like tree trunks, and keeps a low center of gravity. This dude is a take.

Peyton Barber - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Last edited:
Ford isn't slow at all. Why do you think Bama was looking at him at DB? He's more of breakaway threat than any of the other two backs.

Maybe I looked at the wrong person on YouTube but the guy I saw was constantly getting run down. Do you have a link to any of his highlights?

"Barber has been committed to Ole Miss since July but is taking the month of January to look closer at a few other schools. Besides his visit to Tennessee, Barber is also scheduled to see Arizona State and Ole Miss next month.
Official visit date: 1-11-2013
Other teams in the mix: Ole Miss, Arizona State"

- VQ

Ole Miss seems to have some momentum going into the final month before signing day . So, what are our chances of pulling this kid from their grasp after being committed since july? Is Barber's commitment contingent on whether lawson will sign with us?

I don't think so, since Lawson Sr. seems to have more control over what Lawson does than Barber. I am a bit worried that Barber tries to get Lawson to Ole Miss, but hopefully it's the other way around.

VN Store

Back