Friendship Christian moving to Division II in 2013

TnScooby

Defending 2A State Football Champ FCA will compete in Division II beginning with the 2013 school year. IMO a very difficult move for them to make, but I definitely wish them luck as they move forward with their athletic programs...

Here's a link in case you're interested:

Friendship moving to Division II

Why do you think the move will be difficult? Who do you see as there reginional opponents?

IMO the difficult part will be losing rivalries with Watertown, Gordonsville, Trousdale County along with gimme wins against the likes of Red Boiling Springs, Pickett County, Clay County, etc. they were assured of in Region 4A Division I..It will be MUCH harder to play (and beat) the Division II teams they will now have on their schedule(such as Knox Webb, DCA, BGA and so forth)..
IMO They were concerned that students who were receiving need-based financial aid were not eligible to play sports at the Division I level and this will open up those opportunities.

Private school s should play in a private divison IMO. Gald to see them get out of playing mostly schools than can't compete with recruiting and money that fca has.:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Boyd Buchanan should also be moving....another team where they pay all the players a thousand a week.

We played Fca in the championship game last year and I was amazed at the money that showed up there...guy that was playing for them was from smith county where my cousin was from said he was one of smith county s best players. Think if you can recruit than you deserve your own divison.Should not be in the public school system playoffs.

We played Fca in the championship game last year and I was amazed at the money that showed up there...guy that was playing for them was from smith county where my cousin was from said he was one of smith county s best players. Think if you can recruit than you deserve your own divison.Should not be in the public school system playoffs.

You can't recruit. That's why FC is moving. So they can.
Also there is a multiplyer rule. Private schools multiply there student body by 1.75 to determine class. That's why Grace Knox, BBS, and FCA were 2a when they are 1a sized schools.

You can't recruit. That's why FC is moving. So they can.
Also there is a multiplyer rule. Private schools multiply there student body by 1.75 to determine class. That's why Grace Knox, BBS, and FCA were 2a when they are 1a sized schools.

If they are not recruiting they are getting very lucky to get the players they are getting..... My point is schools like these dont need to be in the same playoff system as teams like dresden, union city, adamsville,trenton etc:hi:

If they are not recruiting they are getting very lucky to get the players they are getting..... My point is schools like these dont need to be in the same playoff system as teams like dresden, union city, adamsville,trenton etc:hi:

People who choose to make sacrifices and send their kids to private schools might choose the one that has a good football program. Thats not recruiting, that's the same as choosing to go to an open enrollment public school for the same reason.

I personally would like to see fewer divisions right now we have 8 state champions. That's crazy. Should be 5 max IMO. 2 private offering scolly and 3 public/private non scolly.

People who choose to make sacrifices and send their kids to private schools might choose the one that has a good football program. Thats not recruiting, that's the same as choosing to go to an open enrollment public school for the same reason.

I personally would like to see fewer divisions right now we have 8 state champions. That's crazy. Should be 5 max IMO. 2 private offering scolly and 3 public/private non scolly.

I agree with the latter part of your post....i also think private schools should have their own division... i have no problem with parents putting their kids in private school especially after what the world saw friday. My point was just to say public schools should not have to compete with private schools. I think private school s recruit no matter what anyone says....to many example s in my short life to show for it..at least in west tn that is.

I agree with the latter part of your post....i also think private schools should have their own division... i have no problem with parents putting their kids in private school especially after what the world saw friday. My point was just to say public schools should not have to compete with private schools. I think private school s recruit no matter what anyone says....to many example s in my short life to show for it..at least in west tn that is.

I'd have no problem with it if there were enough private schools playing football. In Chattanooga there would be 5 total small-mid size schools to compete with. 2 more if you add Baylor and McCallie. (4x students and offering financial aid to athletes)
The rest are over 2hrs away.

VN Store

Back