'13 GA LB Tommy Tate

Never played the position, but I like to think that a very large part of playing linebacker is your attitude. By all accounts, this kid has it. Pair that with physical attributes and thats where success come from. I want a LBer that wants the other team to run the ball every damn play just so he gets the chance to crack somebody!

hell yeah

Reactions: 1 person
I hope this kid has film to send to coaches.. There has to be some solid highlights from 170 tackles. 6-2 220lb is a good frame. He seems like a good replacement for Zanca. If he doesn't get a good offer this season is he considering JUCO?

he does on the hudl

hope not... JUCO doesn't make sense for T8

If he doesn't have any offers and he wants to play CFB going the prep school/JUCO route makes perfect sense. Unless he just wants to walk on or enjoy his college years as a traditional student.

Hey Ron, if you have time, will you check out the recruiting services and see if he has a profile on one of them? I said he didn't, but I think he may have on one of them, and I overlooked him b/c I was in a rush when I was making his thread.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

THEY just started one if they do... Tommy was a hidden secret until now.

confident he'll be okay

MzT knows! She knew weeks ago that Mouhan had an offer from us, when I was asking her if anyone had expressed interest in him. We just had that reported a few days ago. She knows way ahead what is going on with the Norcross kids.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I just looked and he doesn't have a recruiting profile anywhere. It will probably take a coaches in person evaluation to get an offer. Has he been contacted by anyone UT or other schools?

Video got me excited! He can actually fight off blocks, and he does something UT defenders have not done in a long time. He wraps his arms around the guy he is tackling. He looks like he is always in the correct lane to make the play, so he has great vision and awareness.

I hope he stays a secret, because UT needs a guy like this to be a leader on the defense.

How does this kid not have a profile or any offers? Plays on a great team with great athletes. Leads the team in tackles. Has decent size for his position. Film looks solid. Am I missing something?

How does this kid not have a profile or any offers? Plays on a great team with great athletes. Leads the team in tackles. Has decent size for his position. Film looks solid. Am I missing something?

I know I'm no coach...so it's not my place to label talent for the next level.

But this kid looks smart, fast, and elusive between the tackles (against great competition). Good coaching? I hope CBJ has somebody at least look at his film...

yes!

i was just having the conversation over in the kamara thread.

Good players sometime get over shadowed and T8 is one of those players. Mohawk wild boy #51... I luv this kid.... as you can see he can play his butt off.

He's a senior too. :0) We'll pray and see what happens

Reactions: 1 person
I concur with the poster who stated that it is odd this kid hasn't gotten recruited by anyone considering the talent on that squad is drawing coaches from all over the country. Something is being missed. What is this kids 40 time?

Last edited:
I conquer with the poster who stated that it is odd this kid hasn't gotten recruited by anyone considering the talent on that squad is drawing coaches from all over the country. Something is being missed. What is this kids 40 time?

kon-kerr*

Whatever happened with Tate?? Did he get a scholarship?? If so, with whom??

Hope Jason has a great year for us!!

GBO

mlsoft

VN Store

Back