'13 GA LB Tommy Tate

If i'm Butch Jones, my number one target would be EJ Levenberry of Va. At 6'3'- 230 lbs. and 4.6 in the 40 with a 3.7 GPA, this 4 star has it all.

Reactions: 1 person
MzT can answer any questions you may have about him. If you read the article, he has 170 tackles...let me repeat...170 tackles in the highest classification of Georgia football. Not too shabby. He doesn't have any profiles on the recruiting services, but some pretty impressive stats. Norcross is LOADED with D1 talent this year and next year. I just hope we get our fair share...cough..Kamara, Autry, Carter, Mouhan..cough!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This guy:

Norcross_CHoochee_FB_06_t670.jpg

haha this seems like a pretty bad dude. white boy lb with a mohawk and 170 tackles at norcross? his name seals the deal

MzT can answer any questions you may have about him. If you read the article, he has 170 tackles...let me repeat...170 tackles in the highest classification of Georgia football. Not too shabby. He doesn't have any profiles on the recruiting services, but some pretty impressive stats. Norcross is LOADED with D1 talent this year and next year. I just hope we get our fair share...cough..Kamara, Autry, Carter, Mouhan..cough!Posted via VolNation Mobile

You are so silly.. lol:loco: but I'm with you..... but you left out: we already have Jason Croom &Ben Bradley..

imagine if we got out of them (7)..... WHEWWWWWWW WWWEEEEEEE!!!!! I would have to move to Tennessee sooner than I've planned to .:crazy:

I love linebackers with a crazy streak!

you should watch Tommy at a game. when he gets up, he has the crazy flex thing he does, then he looks down at the person he clipped. It's hilarious... and most time we can hear the impact of the hit in the stands. lol :crazy:

When Tommy Tate got to Norcross High School, he wanted to wear No. 58.

#He chose the number in honor of his favorite linebacker of all-time, Pittsburgh Steeler great Jack Lambert.

#Instead he got No. 51 and began to draw comparisons to another legendary linebacker named Dick Butkus.

#Tate's response was classic for a teenager. Who?

#"I didn't even know who he was, really," Tate said.

#With that No. 51 on his chest and his throwback style of play, Tate has shown a resemblance to the former Chicago Bears star of the 1960s.

#The linebacker leads the team in tackles and is a big part of why Norcross (14-0) is in Saturday's Class AAAAAA state championship game against Lovejoy (13-1).

#"Yeah, he's old school. I've said that a lot," Norcross head coach Keith Maloof said. "He's one of those guys that would wear a neck roll, have the high pads ups, just running around making plays."
#When Tate showed up at practice with his No. 51 jersey, his coaches began to call him Dick Butkus because of his style of play.

#"When I got 51, I kept hearing about Dick Butkus. I was like 'OK, who is this guy?'" Tate said.

#His dad left an article in his bedroom about Butkus and Tate found out he was one of the most feared linebackers to play the position.

#"You know what, I can relate to this guy," Tate said.

#Tate has been a menace to opposing offenses this season, racking up 170 tackles. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound senior also has 22 tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles, four pass breakups and a blocked punt.#"He's so physical and he's one of those guys that throws their bodies around," Maloof said. "There's a lot of guys that play fast and physical, but they don't throw their body around like he does. It's like a train hitting a car sitting on the track."

#Tate has had some of his best games the last couple of weeks in the playoffs. He made 15 tackles against Camden County and had 18 stops last week vs. Colquitt County.

#"All my teammates do their job," Tate said. "It just happens to be I'm the one that turns up with the tackles."

#Collecting an abundance of tackles each week has become the norm for Tate, who was an all-county selection by the Gwinnett Touchdown Club. He averages 12 tackles a game.#"I take pride in my work," Tate said. "I take pride in how many tackles I made. It's what I do."

#Tate has also been a threat in special teams as Norcross' punter. He has a 33.7-yard punting average this season, including a 47-yard punt against Colquitt County.
#Tate, who doesn't lack any confidence, shaved his hair in a mohawk the first week of the state playoffs.

#"I said I was going to keep it until the end of the playoffs," Tate said. "My mom said I had to keep it until we lose. I told her I guess I'll have it forever."

#Tate, who maintains a 3.0 GPA, wants to play football in college, but he hasn't put too much emphasis on recruiting. He's been too worried about getting Norcross to the state finals for the first time in school history.

#"One thing our team has done that has set us apart from other teams is we've haven't felt like we're in the playoffs. Since we've been winning since Day 1, we think we've won. We don't know how to lose," Tate said. "We just put a lot effort and take a lot of pride in what we do. Losing is not an option for us. We're going to keep doing what we're doing. This is just like any old game, we're just adding a trophy to it."

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I hope this kid has film to send to coaches.. There has to be some solid highlights from 170 tackles. 6-2 220lb is a good frame. He seems like a good replacement for Zanca. If he doesn't get a good offer this season is he considering JUCO?

With the eye black and mohawk he looks like Shayne Skov from Stanford.

k2xz7k.jpg

Last edited:
Never played the position, but I like to think that a very large part of playing linebacker is your attitude. By all accounts, this kid has it. Pair that with physical attributes and thats where success come from. I want a LBer that wants the other team to run the ball every damn play just so he gets the chance to crack somebody!

You are so silly.. lol:loco: but I'm with you..... but you left out: we already have Jason Croom &Ben Bradley..

imagine if we got out of them (7)..... WHEWWWWWWW WWWEEEEEEE!!!!! I would have to move to Tennessee sooner than I've planned to .:crazy:

Oops, 4got about Ben..Croomster is already in the fold, so don't have to worry about him choosing us. You know what I say...land them all and call them mini-Norcross U!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I hope this kid has film to send to coaches.. There has to be some solid highlights from 170 tackles. 6-2 220lb is a good frame. He seems like a good replacement for Zanca. If he doesn't get a good offer this season is he considering JUCO?

hope not... JUCO doesn't make sense for T8

VN Store

Back