Saban to Browns rumors

This explains the text I got from my Bama buddy this am. "Hearing we are about to lose Saban to the Browns. That's why Smart didn't take a job."

Possible, Saban maybe considering going back to the NFL but I doubt it's close to a sure thing. One thing is for sure though, if he's still got the itch now is time to go while he's still young enough.

Possible, Saban maybe considering going back to the NFL but I doubt it's close to a sure thing. One thing is for sure though, if he's still got the itch now is time to go while he's still young enough.

Possibly but as the rest continue to say "I'll believe it when I see it." There's a good chance CNS continues to stay at Alabama and continue with highly successful seasons at UA year after year. The recruits are literally knocking down the door and money is no object for assembling the best staff possible around him.

The foundation is there and all he has to do is maintain a respectable level of winning there and he's set for life.

Haslam in his early days...

throwing-money.gif

I wonder how many (here) know what this is from

You would be a Tuskaloser.

If Saban goes to the NFL, it won't be until January.

Which means that all of the best candidates that are open to leaving are probably already signed somewhere else.

I mean, who would Bama get if Saban left? They'd have to scramble to find someone willing to take the expectations of Bama and follow in Saban's shoes.

Seriously, who would they go after?

Smart would be interim imo with possibility of being offered the job permanently after the season. His name comes up for every job already.

Kirby Smart wouldn't interview for Auburn or Tennessee.

I wonder why.

I just kinda doubt Saban will leave. Dont have any real basis for that opinion.. just what i think.

If he does I think Bama will find another coach and will still be successful but I dont believe they will ever be as dominant as they have been the last few years.

Kind of off topic but something id like to mention. Ive noticed that it in my lifetime comparing UT and Alabama neither team has been great at the same time. During Tennessee's great run in the 90's it was the worst period in Bama's history. Same thing now with Tennessee going through their worst period and Bama going through what could be considered their best. What id love to see is both teams at their best competing against each other. In my opinion a Bama vs Tennessee SEC champonship game would be the the clash of the titans.

Didn't read them, but I would love that. I wonder if bama goes after gruden and his nfl staff.

They just might. If they do, I'm sure they will do what it takes to land him. I detest bammer but they care more about winning than we do...unfortunately.:banghead2:

Kirby Smart wouldn't interview for Auburn or Tennessee.

I wonder why.

Kirby interviewed at Auburn. They offered Malzahn after Kirby insisted on being able to coach the BCSNCG and getting to see the status of AU's current NCAA dealings.

I heard on the radio this morning that his wife is happy where she is at and does not want to move again. Wants to retire in bama.

Was Smart even offered any jobs ?

Pat Dye wanted him at AU but, according to Kevin Scarbinsky, AU refused to disclose their current status with the NCAA and would not let him coach in the BCSNCG. Honestly, AU was right in shooting that down.

Yet another article quoting the same Boston Globe article that is nothing more than unsourced speculation. This story has become a nationwide telephone game.

I heard it's a smokescreen, 3-way phone game. Saban to "The Mistake", Jones to UT, but only temporarily 'til the Saban contract's done. Then Gruden to UT to replace Jones who goes to Bama. And this is inside info but I can't reveal my sources until Tue week. :popcorn:

VN Store

Back