'13 DE DB Jahmere Irvin-Sills

This is one of those kids that goes to a virtual school. It has no physical address and is currently being investigated. The school founder is the father of the QB Sills that committed to USC. Their christian group caused a major investigation and scandal at a school in Delaware they were funding and when they were basically disassociated with the father started a virtual school(online) in MD. The kids meet in a storeroom in his business and the football coaches are their class coaches to help them in the classroom. I would be weary of any kid from this school.

AU, USC, and WVU have been recruiting them hard, and many players will end up at DI programs. The players come from several states but play football for the school.

This is one of those kids that goes to a virtual school. It has no physical address and is currently being investigated. The school founder is the father of the QB Sills that committed to USC. Their christian group caused a major investigation and scandal at a school in Delaware they were funding and when they were basically disassociated with the father started a virtual school(online) in MD. The kids meet in a storeroom in his business and the football coaches are their class coaches to help them in the classroom. I would be weary of any kid from this school.

AU, USC, and WVU have been recruiting them hard, and many players will end up at DI programs. The players come from several states but play football for the school.

More importantly, can he cover a WR?

Reactions: 2 people

I read that and understand it, he's a risk, but how good of a player is he?

I read that and understand it, he's a risk, but how good of a player is he?

He would need a year or two probably to contribute. The real question is if the staff wants to take the gamble is the others players will any of them consider like K Rodgers or Bigelow. Or maybe it will help with future players because it will be a pipeline for talent as long the NCAA does not interfere.

I'm sure the coaches are well aware of all of this and will recruit him accordingly.

He would need a year or two probably to contribute. The real question is if the staff wants to take the gamble is the others players will any of them consider like K Rodgers or Bigelow. Or maybe it will help with future players because it will be a pipeline for talent as long the NCAA does not interfere.

From a pure talent standpoint it sounds like a good grab.

I'm sure the coaches are well aware of all of this and will recruit him accordingly.

Jones has recruited alot of those kids and this kid was an AU recruit and now UT has AU staff member on it. So they had no issues before so I doubt now they do as well. But a lot of schools including many SEC schools(except AU) backed away from these kids. Just saying

Jones has recruited alot of those kids and this kid was an AU recruit and now UT has AU staff member on it. So they had no issues before so I doubt now they do as well. But a lot of schools including many SEC schools(except AU) backed away from these kids. Just saying

cool

Ironic Bama is so pius now about recruiting. This kid with a redshirt year, putting on some weight and conditioning, will be an excellent player.

We took a DT (Blackson) a couple of years ago one of those schools and he started this year.

Ironic Bama is so pius now about recruiting. This kid with a redshirt year, putting on some weight and conditioning, will be an excellent player.

We took a DT (Blackson) a couple of years ago one of those schools and he started this year.
I say take the kid, we need as much speed on D as we can get right now.

13 DE DB Jahmere Irvin-Sills

Coach Thigpen stopped by to see Jahmere today. He will "certainly consider" the Vols moving forward, according to VQ.
Also
Will visit UCLA and Tennessee before NSD, as well. Sounds like we could land this one.

The school founder is the father of David and is also the adopted father of Jahmere.

His goal with Red Lion was never a secret. He was trying to take kids with no hope of going to college and get them into college. He thought the best way to do this was putting them in school, tutoring like crazy (so that they can get into college), and trying to get them football scholarships (so that they can pay for it). He'd bring in kids from the bigger cities in the area (like Philadelphia) with bad home situations and have them stay with local folks in Delaware so that they can go to a better school and hopefully get them out of the ghetto.

A lot of the other schools in Delaware took exception to this because it broke their rules on recruiting high school athletes. That was the scandal. And it might've, I don't know how their rules were written. But whatever happened, it was done for the purpose of getting kids into college.

The big scandal that hit the school, if I understand correctly, was regarding funding and didn't have anything to do with the football program. But it did cause the football program to get cut.

So a bunch of kids were left without a place to go, and David set up a virtual school with online classes supervised by an on-site tutor.

Just thought I'd give the rest of the story.

What's the latest word Incipient?

I got a call yesterday around 6 PM saying that they'd been contacted by Thigpen, who was Jahmere's primary recruiter at Auburn, who said that Tennessee was very interested in Jahmere and a couple other kids at the school. If there was actually an offer, it got lost in translation, but if the Vols are interested, I'm pretty certain that Tennessee will get a hard look. It'll be all about relationships at that point. The family really liked Chizik and Thigpen at Auburn. Planning on visiting in January. Hopefully Coach Jones can also make a good impression.

TW I'm just wondering for my own personal inquistiveness, why do you come on volnation and post? Personally I never go on any other fan sites and post. I've probably only surfed other team sites, at the most, a total of ten times. In case you were thinking that you bring any good or relevant conversation to this board, I don't think you do.

Reactions: 2 people
TW I'm just wondering for my own personal inquistiveness, why do you come on volnation and post? Personally I never go on any other fan sites and post. I've probably only surfed other team sites, at the most, a total of ten times. In case you were thinking that you bring any good or relevant conversation to this board, I don't think you do.

I visit for info that is not biased or slanted from the UA point of view. Sorry I like to hear it from all sides and not be a homer. If VN did not want outside rival fans they would not allow us to sign up.

Please in the future feel free to hit the ignore button.:hi:

Reactions: 4 people
btw, TideWarrior, I appreciate the info. If I respond like a homer to any comments you make about this school being skeevy, know that it's founded by my uncle and two of its players are my cousins. So I'm assuming I have better information in this particular case. They are having trouble getting a lot of red tape addressed in order to play in Maryland, but I haven't heard anything that indicates eligibility (or other) concerns upon enrolling in college.

I visit for info that is not biased or slanted from the UA point of view. Sorry I like to hear it from all sides and not be a homer. If VN did not want outside rival fans they would not allow us to sign up.

Please in the future feel free to hit the ignore button.:hi:

You're good. You bring value to out board.

VN Store

Back