Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, it's not even 0730 and we have a winner of the " I don't have nothing to talk about so i'm just going b@#$% about something" thread. Cheers.

Remember when this team was barely .500 in the non-conference, then they rallied to go 10-6 in the conference?

Okay, that was ten months ago.

It's not time to reevaluate the program. The coaching staff needs to reevaluate the offense. The D is great. Rebounding is very good.

I'm not going to panic seven games into a season.

Also, Tennessee has lost to three most likely NCAA Tourney teams. We aren't losing to bad teams here. It just looks bad because of the low score.

Very underrated post.

The bad losses are what hurt us last year, we don't have those so far this year.

Couldn't be a better time for a 6 game home stand, good time to fix the O.

I made a decision not to watch any of the last three games.
What is happening to Stokes is a travesty. This guy showed, playing when he was really a high school senior, that he was the real deal.
Stokes isn't a bust, he is simply regressing under the offensive ineptitude of this regime. CCM doesn't coach offense. He coaches defense. I've heard several interviews where he is specifically asked about offense and he always changes the subject.
There are many coaches (Kevin Oneil is one)who don't teach the fundementals or the execution of a particular system.
-Calipari has a very simple dribble drive. But everyone is on the same page. Look at your high ball screen offenses.
Phil Jackson knew and completely understood and was able to teach the triangle offense. Many offenses work, but you have to understand and be able to teach it.
As I've said before, trod and plod basketball.
If CCM is going to succeed it will surprise me. I see nothing in his resume to indicate that he is anything more than an average mid-major coach. UT will be back in the coaching market within three years. Meanwhile, be prepared for some unwatchable slop.

Lots of good responses as to why the OP is clown shoes. Nothing to add other than to echo the majority of sentiments.

Reactions: 1 person
I see the Stokes is a bust/overrated threads have begun, in early December no less. Never change VolNation

This is the new "Goodbye Cuonzo" as far as I'm concerned.

When a player hasn't even been on campus a year, it's kind of hard to already put this kind of label on him. And you wonder why people laugh at the posters on Volnation and can't really take them serious.

Maybe you should blame Martin, Golden or the wings who aren't getting Stokes the ball. Stokes' defense last night was worse than his offense. He can't score if no one gets him the ball.

Never thought I'd say this, but this thread is on the same level as the "goodbye cuonzo" thread.

At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

I don't believe that you believe what you typed. Therefore, you're categorically trolling.

There was too much hype with Stokes. He is a big guy who plays flat footed and slow. Has great potential but has yet to prove much after the first Ky game.

I made a decision not to watch any of the last three games.
What is happening to Stokes is a travesty. This guy showed, playing when he was really a high school senior, that he was the real deal.
Stokes isn't a bust, he is simply regressing under the offensive ineptitude of this regime. CCM doesn't coach offense. He coaches defense. I've heard several interviews where he is specifically asked about offense and he always changes the subject.
There are many coaches (Kevin Oneil is one)who don't teach the fundementals or the execution of a particular system.
-Calipari has a very simple dribble drive. But everyone is on the same page. Look at your high ball screen offenses.
Phil Jackson knew and completely understood and was able to teach the triangle offense. Many offenses work, but you have to understand and be able to teach it.
As I've said before, trod and plod basketball.
If CCM is going to succeed it will surprise me. I see nothing in his resume to indicate that he is anything more than an average mid-major coach. UT will be back in the coaching market within three years. Meanwhile, be prepared for some unwatchable slop.
Your crow feast will begin next game Roust.
Martin owns Marshall(5-2) like TN owns Donovan. (maybe not this season)
His players are snake bit - carry over from last seasons road woes and no leader to pull them up.
This isn't a tourney team, but no where near as bad as they are playing.

i have to say stokes seems like he is to scared to jump in the paint and make somethin happen draw the fould a charge somethin instead of gettin pushed around let them kno your commin in not just hang back and looked lost thats only my opinion

I guess it depends on what you define as a bust. IMO, neither are bust. Scotty Hopson didn't go to the NBA but why do ppl fault his decision to leave? He got a new coach that most people had to google to find out who he even was and the draft was considered by many to be weak. I and many would have done the same. Also, we don't win nearly as many games without him. He was inconsistant at times but the kid had fire and could really get it going. He's a victim of the media / ratings system. Just because someone is a McDonalds AA, people instantly think they should shoot like Kobe or average 30 point a game. If Scotty had better work ethics and dribbled better, he'd be starting right now.

And Stokes is 19 years old!! The kid had a target on his back with Maymon so imagine the pressures without someone else stepping up in the paint after Maymon went down.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, let's see.

1) He's 18 year old and expected to be the best player on the team.

2) His running mate is out right now and replaced by a consistent underachieving player.

3) The offensive strategy sucks.

4) The guards don't get him the ball when he's open.

5) When he gets the ball, he's doubled team and has to pass it, expect his teammates stand around like zombies.

6) He has to be the best rebounder on the team, even though he gets pushed around as much as anyone.

Just stop it.

#3 especially -- expect another loss to Wichita St next -- they are 9 and 0 so far

I wouldn't call Stokes a bust. He just needs that killer attitude. Best way I can explain it.... he knows he can beat you, but doesn't want to hurt your feelings in the process.

Scottie never lived up to the hype of some. I still have fond memories of the turn around three pointer at the buzzer against Florida. But, I also have high hopes for Stokes. We really need a tall big to complement and get the most out of Stokes.

At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

I'll take Vincent Yarborough for a 1000 Alex.

14286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back