To Coach Jones from real vol fans

shoney

Dark Lord of The Hills
Tell the coach what you think who knows he may read it.

Coach we have had it rough around the last few years. Our program has went from elite to bottom dweller. I am born and raised in East Tennessee, Tennessee football is in my roots. Frankly we live and die with it around here. I for one am going to be behind you 100%. You were not my first choice, but you did get the job, so You have my support. Don't pay too much attention to all the bad stuff being written aroud here, folks are upset, but theh'll start coming around if you bring in a great recruiting class. So good luck get on the road and bring some athletes to this class and things will start looking up.
Thanks,
Shoney

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Coach Jones wasn't my first choice, but he was a far cry from a worst case hire. He's had success at two different schools, including winning outright or tying for first place in his conference four times in six years. He has a 50-27 overall record, and his last two teams ended the season with top twenty scoring defenses. His offenses are balanced and should be a solid fit for our talent. Anyone who is lamenting this hire doesn't actually pay attention. Is he moving up? Sure. Could he end up struggling? Sure. My gut tells me that neither scenario will come into play. He will right this ship and once he does, we probably end up looking for a new coach in five or six years, but sitting in a much better position than we were this year.

Reactions: 3 people
It was also be a good PR move to get some jr's to stay instead of turning pro.

Thank you and best of luck. You have my support 100%. Can't wait to start this new era of Tennessee football.

And one more thing we will come up with a better acronym than CBJ. I just don't no what it will be yet.

" real vol fans"
God knows who the REAL vol fanz are :banghead2:
Im just disappointed you didnt add how long you have been going to games, how long you have had season tickets, how many car flags you have..........
Dang, I hope some day I can grow up to be a REAL VOL FAN!!!!

untitledar5.png

Reactions: 1 person
Words can't express how you'll feel after going through next season wearing the orange and white......welcome to our world and don't let it bring you down

Real vol fan? Since we have a new coach, do we have to reapply for our "real vol fan" card and if so, exactly who is on the selection committee?

Reactions: 1 person
I was in full venom spitting mode Thursday night but ive been more angry with the UTAD than any coaches. I get being pissed off because we didnt get the guy we wanted. I think we got played the same way Miami and Notre Dame did. To be honest at this point I feel like Jon Gruden has done more harm to this program than he will ever do good. Thats all in the past now. All I ask and expect is for the UTAD to be held accountable for the people they hire. Coaches are usually held accountable for the assistants they hire if they turn out bad. The athletic director should be held to the same standard if this hire is unsuccessful.

Coach Jones had to know going in to this that it could make his career if he turns UT football around and that it could destroy his career if he bombs. If hes willing to leave a comfortable and stable situation and take that chance then im willing to back him and show him respect. He has far more to lose in this deal than we do as fans. If we can go buck wild over the much overrated Lane Kiffin like we did I see no reason why Coach Jones isnt worth supporting.

I get voicing your opinions on a message board. Its what they are for. And if you hate this hire and dont want to support the coach that doesnt mean your not a true fan. Just an angry one. And supporting the coach doesnt mean you accept mediocrity. Im supporting someone that seems like they want to roll up their sleeves and help bring UT football back. If your getting your ass kicked by 5 guys and someone comes to help you do you then turn on them because there not Mike Tyson?? Im not trying to be a sunshine pumper but it just sucks when im trying to feel good about UT football again and all it takes is getting on here to make me feel worse about it.

Go Vols and best of luck coach Jones.

Real fans are people who support Tennessee til the end of days. They may not hire the coach you want, but once the coach is hired you support them. You don't tweet terrible things to the coach, and you do not say things like "I'm done with Tennessee". You are a Vol and your always gonna be a Vol.

VN Store

Back