Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if this is old news so delete if it is but cinicinatti radio stations are saying butch jones called a players meeting at 730 this morning and most feel he is going to UT where fans do not want him

From Facebook:

Vol Network- IMG
Butch Jones will be introduced as Tennessee's next head football coach at 2:30 this afternoon. Welcome Coach Jones!
Like · · Share · a few seconds ago near Franklin Hill, TN ·
Options

Reactions: 2 people
haha. this is absolutely ridiculous. seriously?!?! welcome to more sub-par seasons...everyone has better coaches in the sec...i guess the only good thing for this hire is he actually has a winning record..

well i edited it because i wanted to add...i should of said "had" winning seasons. welcome to the sec. tennessee is the laughing stock of the sec. our basketball team does well to even score 40 points... off with harts head!

Last edited:
Tweets from players...

@bmoore3vfl: #teamcoachjones

@kingvol38: I swear sometimes I wish people could see how stupid they sound.

@bmoore3vfl: Cant wait!! RT @wesrucker247: Welcome to Knoxville, Butch Jones. Three of your first eight games are at Oregon, at Florida and at Alabama.

@MrPrimetime4: Don't worry everyone, we made a good move! #VFL #VOLNATION
(Latroy Lewis)

@MrPrimetime4: I guess it's fitting that my new coach was the first college coach to offer me a scholarship

@4s_up_4sdown: @BlindSideBigs63 @josh__smith25 I hope y'all boys are ready!
(JRM)

@BigBOnFire_34: Coach Jones huh? Lets make something happen boys!!
(Kendrick retweeted by JRM)

@AustinPriceless: “@Josh__Smith25: Welcome Coach” vol commit Josh Smith welcomes Butch Jones

@VWharton5: Fans might not be happy if Jones gets job but recruits will.

And not a recruit but SVP - @notthefakeSVP: Larger point is Butch Jones has won and likely will win at his next stop. If it's Knoxville & I'm a Vols fan, I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: 18 people
are you really knocking someone's reporting?

12/5-

When I reported that, Tennessee had a verbal agreement with a coach, with the intent of going public with it that evening. He changed his mind, which was very unexpected. It happens I guess.

I'm sorry if my previous post offended you, Jimmy.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back