Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
per babyvol on TOS

Posted: Today 12:43 PM
This will be my last post til probably this coming weekend
There has been a reason I've posted everything I have. I'll explain it all after the announcement.
Just trust what I told u guys early on about media being a smokescreen.....well they weren't only one being a smokescreen. It's a great time to be a Vol. If what I told you early on is wrong I'll leave the board and u will never have to hear from me again.

Reactions: 3 people
Chris Low (on The Nation) just said the agents comment (Lamonte) was a bunch of BS. John Brice said he believes there were some $$$ figures thrown around.

Reactions: 7 people
Coaches never provide misinformation when it comes to job interest, right?

A chronology of comments about Nick Saban taking the head coaching job at Alabama:

Nov. 27:
Saban: "When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Dec. 5:
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga (after giving Saban a vote of confidence): "I am completely sold on Nick Saban. I would admit we made a mistake if we did make a mistake, but I firmly believe in Nick Saban."

Dec. 7:
Saban: "I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress."

Dec. 21:
Saban: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here."

Dec. 27:
Saban: "I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story. So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week."

Jan. 4:
Saban: "What I realized in the last two years is that we love college coaching because of the ability that it gives you to affect people, young people. ... If I knew that my heart was someplace else in what I wanted to do, I don't think it would be fair to the [Dolphins] organization if I stayed."

Reactions: 6 people
Urban Meyer Timeline
December 4, 2000
Meyer takes HC job at Bowling Green

December 6, 2002
Meyer tells The Bowling Green Sentinel: "We are nowhere near what we can do here. That's what's driving me right now. Everybody's worried about those other places; nothing's going on."

"I was contacted by one, but I'm not interested. I love it here. We have a lot of work to do. That's the bottom line."

"With recruits, that's been for two years, even before we won. [They say,] 'that guy's not going to be there very long; that's silly ... The future is fantastic here ... I'm proud to be the football coach here. Once they get to know me, know my family, know how important it is to have continuity, my kids going to school somewhere."

"I think you all but guarantee that you are one of the top two, three teams in the league every year if you get that [new athletic facility] here. I feel so strong about the academics, about the community, the environment, about the people. It's the last piece; it's a significant piece."

December 11, 2002
Meyer leaves Bowling Green and takes HC job at Utah.

November 14, 2004
Meyer tells The New York Times "I'm chicken. It would be excruciating to leave. When I left Bowling Green, it was the worst three months.'"

November 15, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News: "I plan on coaching here for a long time."

November 17, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News "I plan on coaching at Utah next year. There's been no contact made. Period. It's almost comical. We're playing the biggest game in the history of the school and we're talking about that. That's nothing to do with nothing.

November 18, 2004
Shelley Meyer gives her employer 2-weeks notice

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News, "There's been no contact and I really don't anticipate any. I'm certainly not looking for a job. I love where I'm coaching."

November 18, 2004
Meyer tells a young boy on the Urban Meyer Coach's Show, "I plan on being the coach at the University of Utah next year."

November 30, 2004
Meyer tells The Deseret News (When asked about Florida) "All I keep saying is I plan on being the coach here at Utah."

December 3, 2004
Meyer leaves Utah and takes HC job at Florida

December 8, 2004
Meyer tells GatorSports.com "This is a place you can put your feet down for a long time. It's over [moving every 2 years]. I'm not doing this again."

October 1, 2009
Signs contract extension with Florida through 2014

December 26, 2009
Announces he will resign following the Gators' Sugar Bowl appearance on New Year's Day, citing health concerns and the desire to spend more time with his family.

December 27, 2009
Announces that it will only be a leave of absence

March 17, 2010
Ends his leave of absence and is back as HC of Florida

December 8, 2010
Announces for the 2nd year in a row that he will retire at the end of the season, for the same reasons he had cited a year before: health and family concerns.

January 31, 2011
Less than a month after coaching his final game at Florida, Urban Meyer takes a new job as analyst at ESPN.

November 22, 2011
Despite numerous reports of a 7 year $40 million deal, Meyer tells ESPN "I have not been offered any job."

November 27, 2011
Meyer leaves ESPN and takes HC job at Ohio State.
just thought id post this as well with the saban one posted to prove its not a one time thing

Reactions: 8 people
12/4 1:40 pm

guys, it's gruden.

This morning i heard from the main person i trust the most that it's gruden. I was told the 20th or 21st.

Fire away, but just sit back and watch it play out. I'll be screaming "rocky top" at the top of my lungs when it does.

Reactions: 2 people
@Frank_Frangie: Gotta say, the misinformation about which coaches interviewed where and who has taken which job has become comical.

‏@Frank_Frangie: Story in Tennessee circles earlier that Larry Fedora interviewed at Tennessee, or is scheduled to, are completely erroneous"\

This is becoming very interesting and lining up potentially for smoke that was predicted way back in Oct by Boro

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee Sports ‏@SportsNewsTN
According to @TonyBasilio, Jim Mora (UCLA) was 1 phone interview & done. T.B. speculates that #Gruden will be approached again if no Strong.

fwiw

VolRumorMill ‏@VolRumorMill

I refuse to say with 100% conviction that Jon Gruden will be our next coach, but everything I was told has happened. I have no timetable.
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite
More

Updating babyvol's latest posts:

Posted: Yesterday 2:00 PM
Just wondering if you can see through the smog
babyvol can!!!! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Today 8:41 PM
Hmmm a coincidence Grider was at TN same time as Gruden
I think not :)
Liaison to high school coaches

South Pittsburg's Grider resigns as Pirates coach | timesfreepress.com
Posted: Today 9:34 PM
Re: Hmmm a coincidence Grider was at TN same time as Gruden
I'll explain... Vic Grider was Hargis source for his times free press srticle about Gruden having a contract in hand.....why? Because Hargis was with him when he got a phone call. Gruden and Vic were at TN at same time.....good friends. I think Gruden wants him to be his high school liaison for recruiting. Can't say for 100% certainty. Anyway....you can connect the dots.....I know more about the story but not sure I should post here.
Posted: Today 9:36 PM
I knew about this article at 2:00 today if that tells you what you need to know about the Strong rumors today.

Reactions: 1 person
more babyvol:

Posted: Today 10:33 PM

Holdup has had absolutely zero to do with Bucs payment.

Tee Martin visited Joey Kent yesterday, (he put up a pic) but doesn't sound like he knows anything:

joey kent ‏@joeykent

-->@mckinnonwg: Both lousiville and Tennessee have counselors on standby to help with any that may be struggling following the #decision2012

more babyvol from TOS

Posted: Today 10:50 PM
All I'll say is it was a legality issue. Haven't got confirmation on day or time for presser but my best guess would be tomorrow or Friday. My history not as good on dates lol

Posted: Today 10:57 PM
Bhmvolfan....not my style but I'll bet you season tickets that Gruden is named our head coach....you on???

Members of the media: There are two people on this planet that have the ability to make talks happen between Jon Gruden and the Raiders, with regard to him allegedly taking over the football operations, and/or the position of head coach. Each of those individuals, owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie, wanted me to communicate that this rumor has no validity whatsoever. And for the record, I'm personally disgusted that Hub Arkush would spread such an untruth on the day our head coach, Dennis Allen, had to determine with his mom, his brother and sister, whether to take his dad off life support or wait and hope that he would regain consciousness. Dennis didn't have an opportunity to say goodbye to his dad, but he did have an opportunity to take a phone call regarding Hub's story.

Oakland Raiders deny interest in Jon Gruden as coach - NFL.com

Statement from the Raiders denying interest in hiring Jon Gruden and slamming the guy who reported it.

Reactions: 7 people
Will West ‏@WillWestWNML
@jmartvol @ByTheNumbersTSR Think they're making another run at it. One person that told me that thinks it will happen. The rest don't

Will West ‏@WillWestWNML
@andy_minton @StephenHargis Not saying that. I am saying that I was told by multiple boosters that they're taking one more run at him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back