Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham and Pittman both wil get a serious shot at retention. Without them, what little is left to salvage of our recruiting class disappears. Not to mention, Pittman does a lot with very little talent. Not a ton of sacks given up this year.

Huh???

Had darn meetings to attend and now have to play catch up! So...Gundy still turn down job and Strong still renegotiating his L-ville contract?? :dance2:

!

If that flight is accurate, it appeared to be from LA, and would be carrying an assistant WR coach maybe.

I think they are saying that ex Vol and current Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie closed this deal with Gruden for us and he is flying in for the PC...

That flight is for a corporate jet owned by a logistics company in Oakland. It has nothing to do with the Raiders or 49ers or football at all.

Reactions: 2 people
Graham and Pittman both wil get a serious shot at retention. Without them, what little is left to salvage of our recruiting class disappears. Not to mention, Pittman does a lot with very little talent. Not a ton of sacks given up this year.

Pittman has 3 NFL players on the Oline that can possibly go in the first 2 rounds when they declare.

Boro, when do you think it will be announced? Tonight, tomorrow or will they really keep this under wraps for another week or two or three?

Another 2-3 WEEKS? This place will melt down. It would make no sense at this point for it not to be announced. And I don't want to hear about the stupid last payment from Tampa Bay-that's ridiculous. Of course, so are these rumors being started up again with cryptic posts with exclamation points.

This may be too good to be true...but it sure feels great to have something to believe in again...I was heartsick after last week...

QB coach. Tee Martin is at USC and has been contacted by Gruden.
If we believe reports, Cris Carter is the prospective WR coach, and he doesn't live or do studio work in LA.

I stand corrected. I know Tee was WR coach at USC and thought he would do the same at UT. My fault for presuming....

One question for the brilliant "insiders":

Why would UT offer Charlie Strong (and it is confirmed they did) if Gruden had any chance of accepting an offer from UT?

I can go ahead and answer for you: They offered Charlie Strong knowing that Gruden was not and is not coming. Im not sure why you guys are keeping this alive.

Reactions: 1 person

Why would UT offer Charlie Strong (and it is confirmed they did) if Gruden had any chance of accepting an offer from UT?

I can go ahead and answer for you: They offered Charlie Strong knowing that Gruden was not and is not coming. Im not sure why you guys are keeping this alive.

Well you are too by adding to the post count

Originally Posted by EZE
If that flight is accurate, it appeared to be from LA, and would be carrying an assistant WR coach maybe.
QB coach. Tee Martin is at USC and has been contacted by Gruden.
If we believe reports, Cris Carter is the prospective WR coach, and he doesn't live or do studio work in LA.

They are flying Tee in for the presser!

Really?

Where is it confirmed that Strong was offered?

And I mean a confirmation by Strong or the AD.

Reactions: 3 people
That's the most rational way to think if this does happen. But UT probably wants to get him on board with time before the recruiting dead period.

That may be true.

but then again, if it is gruden, i dont think 2 extra weeks would be needed to help him out with recruiting. 5 stars would be scrambling to hop on board. if anything the dead period would give him time to decide who he wants to be a part of our class.

Who said they did?

Reactions: 1 person

Do you know for a fact that UT offered Strong? Simply citing Hyams, Low, et. al. does not constitute fact. They've proven to be less than reliable.

Posts like the above quoted make me hope that UT hires Gruden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back