Moving on

redfishvol

Nothing to do with coaching search imagine that. My family and are most likely Early next year going to be relocating to middle Tennessee . Which high schools private or public in the Nashville area are known for good football schools. My son is a standout running back and linebacker and I would like to find a place he can continue to grow.
My daughter is also a basketball kid so that would help.
No negative comments need apply.

nothing to do with coaching search imagine that. My family and are most likely early next year going to be relocating to middle tennessee . Which high schools private or public in the nashville area are known for good football schools. My son is a standout running back and linebacker and i would like to find a place he can continue to grow.
My daughter is also a basketball kid so that would help.
No negative comments need apply.

ensworth

Reactions: 3 people
Brentwood High School is always a very good public school football team. I think they went 11-2 this year under a first year coach. Also, it's been rated the best public school in the state for something like the last 7 years in a row.

Reactions: 1 person
Some friends of mine had nothing but positives to offer about Centennial

Stay away from Metro Nashville public schools, they are terrible. If you are considering public schools you would have to look at the surrounding counties like Williamson, Wilson, Sumner, for quality schools

Reactions: 3 people
Private schools in the Nashville area with good football are, in no particular order, Montgomery Bell Academy, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy. To a lesser extent, CPA and David Lipscomb are private schools with decent football teams. It seems that the Nashville area public schools are not as good football schools (probably because their best players end up at MBA, Ensworth, or BA) and I understand the academics are pedestrian at best in Nashville area public schools. Rutherford County is supposed to have good academic high schools (particularly, Siegel and Blackman) and is rumored to have the best football conference in Tennessee--though, it is pretty clear by now that Maryville is the best program in the state because Maryville has beaten Rutherford County area teams in the playoffs the last several years. Riverdale is the historical football school but Siegel and Blackman have been very good recently as well. Oakland has also been fairly good. In Williamson County, I think Brentwood High School is supposed to be a good public high school and I think they have a decent football program. I am not sure if there are other similar schools in Williamson County but there probably are because that is the highest income county in Tennessee. I am not sure about Sumner and Wilson counties. Some other people may have more knowledge than I do about the other areas and some different thoughts on my list.

I went to McGavock.......stay far away. Jmo.

LOL That explains why you rubbed me the wrong way at first (no homo). :) (and I'm just messing with you about McGavock).

Not even in the same districts but I went to Mt. Juliet.

Private schools in the Nashville area with good football are, in no particular order, Montgomery Bell Academy, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy. To a lesser extent, CPA and David Lipscomb are private schools with decent football teams. It seems that the Nashville area public schools are not as good football schools (probably because their best players end up at MBA, Ensworth, or BA) and I understand the academics are pedestrian at best in Nashville area public schools. Rutherford County is supposed to have good academic high schools (particularly, Siegel and Blackman) and is rumored to have the best football conference in Tennessee--though, it is pretty clear by now that Maryville is the best program in the state because Maryville has beaten Rutherford County area teams in the playoffs the last several years. Riverdale is the historical football school but Siegel and Blackman have been very good recently as well. Oakland has also been fairly good. In Williamson County, I think Brentwood High School is supposed to be a good public high school and I think they have a decent football program. I am not sure if there are other similar schools in Williamson County but there probably are because that is the highest income county in Tennessee. I am not sure about Sumner and Wilson counties. Some other people may have more knowledge than I do about the other areas and some different thoughts on my list.

MBA is about 18 grand a year to attend

I live in Sumner County and the high schools in Hendersonville (Hendersonville High School and Beech High School) are top academic schools in the state with top football programs. Both have long time coaches that have developed D1 players in the past. Beech just won the state 5A championship, but have the state's top recruit in running back Herd, how will be a Senior next year. Both have played in the state finals multiple times over the last decade. Hendersonville had a down year this past fall but are young. If you want early playing time, then Hendersonville is the best bet. Hendersonville is a very nice community. The property values in Hendersonville are a little lower than that of Brentwood and Franklin in Williamson County. In Wilson County, Mt Juliet is a very nice high school with a great football program. They are a 6A program that has gone to the semi-finals the last few years under coach Roger Perry. All these programs like to run the ball and would be great to showcase your son. As to the basketball aspect, Beech is a little better program for girls than Hendersonville or Mt Juliet.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL That explains why you rubbed me the wrong way at first (no homo). :) (and I'm just messing with you about McGavock).

Not even in the same districts but I went to Mt. Juliet.

Ha! My only memory of Mt. Juliet was when I pitched against them as a junior. It was cold and rainy and they absolutely pummeled me. I got yanked ithe 4th inning........good times.

Hendersonville is a nice area and so is Brentwood but you need to be ready to put out some big bucks for real estate in the Brentwood area. I'm headed there today to a meeting.
:yes:

Ha! My only memory of Mt. Juliet was when I pitched against them as a junior. It was cold and rainy and they absolutely pummeled me. I got yanked ithe 4th inning........good times.

Baseball and Basketball are the only two sports we've been perennially good at. Otherwise, until 2 seasons ago, our best year was a 6-4 season in my junior year that ended in the state semis with a home loss to Munford HS outside of memphis. Lost 10-9 at home and a shot at the Clinic Bowl. I still remember the goob that planted the Munford flag on our 50 yard line and how many people wanted to kill him that night.

Montgomery Bell Academy--long time traditional private school. It is all male but I still think MBA is the premier school for athletics and academics. The "companion" girls school is Harpeth Halls. Great academics and solid athletics.

Montgomery Bell Academy--long time traditional private school. It is all male but I still think MBA is the premier school for athletics and academics. The "companion" girls school is Harpeth Halls. Great academics and solid athletics.

Didn't Reece Witherspoon go to Harpeth?

Spot-on analysis.

Williamson county in general is a great place to live. Brentwood HS has a pretty good football team year in and year out (very costly real estate compared to the rest of tn). Centennial HS has not in the past had a good program but this year did better than usual( less expensive but still pricey but there is some affordable stuff) Franklin HS historically has had decent teams ( same as Centennial prices for 180k-you name it). Ravenwood HS is a newer school ~10yrs and I think they have done well one year(homes in Brentwood) Independence HS is <10 yrs and they are building a decent program( much more affordable homes). There are other schools in the county but those are the bigger schools. THe private schools mentioned Ensworth and MBA are $20k/year in tuition. BA I think is a little less.

Several other private schools with football traditions is Goodpasture & Lipscomb Academy

VN Store

Back