Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hired Texas' coach-in-waiting instead of Strong, after one 7-6 season at UofL. It's also possible Strong wouldn't have bailed after just one year.
If the UF job were open right now instead of two years ago, I think Strong would be hired.

Strong interviewed for head coaching jobs at:

Cal
East Carolina
Kansas
Minnesota
Vanderbilt
considered by UK prior to the hiring of Brooks.

All passed on him.

Reactions: 1 person
They hired Texas' coach-in-waiting instead of Strong, after one 7-6 season at UofL. It's also possible Strong wouldn't have bailed after just one year.
If the UF job were open right now instead of two years ago, I think Strong would be hired.

No way in H-E- double hockey sticks.

Why in the heck would UT pay Gundy $4,000,000 plus his $3,000,000 buyout and toss in $3,500,000 for his assistants? or Strong $3,500,000 plus his $2,500,000 buyout and $3,500,00 for staff?

Those numbers make no sense for those coaches resumes. The money it would take to get Gruden is not that much greater than those numbers and Gruden is a freaking home run. Far and away better than Strong or Gundy (by a mile)!

That would have been one of the first moves by Hart, do a economic impact of each coach. Hart knows!!

From the list below tell me who Strong and Gundy are better than (in recruiting and coaching):

1. Saban
2. Miles
3. Richt
4. Spurrier
5. Muschamp
6. Sumlin
7. Shaw
8. B Kelly
9. C Kelly
10. Swinney
11. J Fisher
12. Gruden
13. Mora
14. Peterson
15. Patterson
16. B Snyder
17. B Stoops
18. Tuberville
19. Meyer
20. Holmgren
21. Holgorsen
22. M Brown.

Coaches not in any specific order.
Good point, but Out of that list, who is really available for hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back