Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want either one of these guys and I know Franklin just signed a new contract. With all the talk about Strong I was curious to match him up against Franklin. He has out recruited him by a landslide last year and so far this year. Strongs record is better, but I will take JF record in the SEC any day over CS in the Big East. My point is this, how can anyone get excited about this guy? All I hear is how great a recruiter he is. Well, for one thing, anyone can recruit at Florida. Last year Loisville finished 49th and are currently in the 70s right now. It's obvious I want Gruden, but even if we can't get him, there are others much more qualified than Charlie Strong.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree the time muschamp was hired is iffy when stating a case for strong but it should be noted he wasn't at florida at time like most posters are claiming.

You have to look at it from florida's perspective though. If strong was at ut back in the 90's. Let's say he leaves to take a job after 98' where the previous coach was 4-8 and he goes 7-6 in his first year. Then Fulmer retires after 99' season. Most people would want Strong to come back and be the coach unless there are some obvious red flags. I'm just not sold.

Petrino inherited a winning program (5 consecutive winning seasons) at L'vile while Strong inherited a dump (3 strait non-winning seasons).

***not an endorsement for Strong, just presenting the facts***

John L Smith won 66% of his games at Louisville. Even he was better than Strong.

Just think when the BCS started we won the first after next year will be grudens 2 year and we go to playoff format. UT will win the first playoff NC and it will be glorious.

It's hard to not think this but I can't help it. I just keep thinking our program is being run by a bunch of Bammers. It's like the US government being run by a former Al Qaeda memeber.

Up your a$$ if my perception of you is correct. Along with your car keys, and a silver candelabra.

Still nursing that Boner for old 'Boro huh? Get in line troll.

Boro, how's everything going? I know you had some personal things going on, hope everything turned out well for you.

What's the most recent intel on Mora, Jr.? Have there been any reports that he might be interested? Not that I'm on the Mora train...just curious.

I am in no hurry. I will happily wait until MNF is over.

No 48 hour announcement = Gruden mania.
Then, we can watch and listen to all the naysayers return.

:)

I don't want either one of these guys and I know Franklin just signed a new contract. With all the talk about Strong I was curious to match him up against Franklin. He has out recruited him by a landslide last year and so far this year. Strongs record is better, but I will take JF record in the SEC any day over CS in the Big East. My point is this, how can anyone get excited about this guy? All I hear is how great a recruiter he is. Well, for one thing, anyone can recruit at Florida. Last year Loisville finished 49th and are currently in the 70s right now. It's obvious I want Gruden, but even if we can't get him, there are others much more qualified than Charlie Strong.

I don't get it. If this woulda been 2008, people woulda been clamoring for him. That year they won the second title. It's almost bad to a lotta people that he went coached at Louisville when he clearly shows he can improve and recruit. And if he doesn't get the big ones, he still coaches up his team.

The only issue with waiting is that if you don't have anybody before then - well the remaining choices might not be that attractive. I think you could have a private agreement and not make it public until a later date but to have nothing until the later date would seem a bit risky. jmo.

Maybe I'm showing some stupidity here, but I believe the search committee is thinking along the lines of if everything falls through, we've got Coach Fulmer as a fall back option. Hall of Famer. Could do a lot worse. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've wondered about that a lot.

Oh please no...

jim_carrey_vomiti_gif.gif

I have had it in the back of mind and now that I have said it.... All those they claim he has interviewed are either dening it or have gotten extensions on their contract....

Smart has always been Hrts man.... I hope he is not just manuvering to get back to him...

I said this last night, I think we'll have to pay more than 3.5 for Strong. He makes right at 3 now. Louisville will counter any offer we make. I think we'll have to pay 4 for STrong at a minimum, plus a buyout. WHile I think Strong is a good, young coach, I don't think he is worth that kind of money. JMO

He isn't young, he is 52.

There is no way his assertion can be true. You would have to be the dumbest AD in the history of AD's to put out 4 contracts and see who jumps first.

It was intended to be a joke. Since these threads have been laced with Jimmy Buffet and gun chatter, I though it Ok.

It was simply my commentary on the "It's done, and it's . . . " threads that have been popping up.

On this forum I have seen:

"It's done, It's Strong . . ."
"It's Al Golden . . ."
"The job is Gundy's if he wants it . . . '

And of course, the infamous Gruden speculations.

In fact, if you look within the first few pages, you'll find a "source" that names most every candidate as a done deal.

Besides, half the folks here think Hart actually is "the dumbest AD in the history of AD's."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back