Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boro, do you think they can keep gruden under wraps until mid dec.? Fyi I don't think they can after thurs and noone is named.

That depends on whether all of our other candidates get wrapped up either at their current situations, or new jobs. Once that happens they have no cover.

Guys, we're digging for info in the wrong places.

We should call Knoxville and Pasadena hotels. I'm confident Gruden is already securing rooms for all his bi***** when we win the NC in 2013-2014.

Reactions: 1 person
Alabama....not even close.

Completely agree, which means Neyland had it right. The way you win championships hasn't changed, not with spread offenses and gimmicks. We have got to find a coach who will build a better defense, concentrate on the running game, and kicking game. I think the search committee needs to go read the wall in the locker room and find the guy who will live by the writing on the wall.

My old lady got her jersey signed by Patterson at the ky game , pic is on go volsxtra . wish i could post it .

Boro or whomever can assist, don't you think that if we haven't hired anyone especially by the end of this week, that everyone will start thinking it has to be Gruden? Well maybe not everyone quite yet, but I think I might be hard to keep a lid on it again the longer this goes depending on how long we have to wait to hire him. Will start to look mighty fishy the longer this goes without a coach.

The only issue with waiting is that if you don't have anybody before then - well the remaining choices might not be that attractive. I think you could have a private agreement and not make it public until a later date but to have nothing until the later date would seem a bit risky. jmo.

Exactly.

Either you have him 100% locked up and you know it, so you're interviewing other candidates as a smoke screen.

Or you don't have him locked up and are now panicking.

Crossing my fingers.

Nothing wrong with a Kahr.

Agree. They shoot really well, but the couple I have are really finicky about trying to chamber a round by racking the slide from the forward position, or even cracking the slide to verify you have a round in the chamber and then trying to close it back. The slide really does not want to close fully on a chambered round unless you release it from the locked position, unlike say a Glock. Not sure if the tolerances are tighter or what, but it can be a PITA sometimes.

The only issue with waiting is that if you don't have anybody before then - well the remaining choices might not be that attractive. I think you could have a private agreement and not make it public until a later date but to have nothing until the later date would seem a bit risky. jmo.

Does anyone have the same fear that I have... that Hart may be stalling so he can get down to K Smart is his ONLY choice

Reactions: 2 people
All I know is that the original timeline that was expressed to me way back in October didn't have us wrapped up until mid to late December. Everything else took place pretty close the benchmarks that I heard then.

I passed all of this along back in JG I or JG II.

Where you ever given any information as to why it be that late in December? MNF related?

Thanks Boro for the info again. I thought I somewhat remembered the original timeline being mid December from the early threads. It sucks to have to wait especially when we are all impatient and want to know who are new coach is now. At least I do. But if Gruden is announced then it will be worth waiting a bit longer. I still believe!:D

I wanna know. . . Bad. But ill wait u til January if it is Gruden!

Does anyone have the same fear that I have... that Hart may be stalling so he can get down to K Smart is his ONLY choice
Oh please no...

jim_carrey_vomiti_gif.gif

Reactions: 3 people
FYI Bruin:

Strong interviewed for head coaching jobs at:

Cal
East Carolina
Kansas
Minnesota
Vanderbilt
considered by UK prior to the hiring of Brooks.

All passed on him.

Yep they all screwed up. He has proven that very convincingly this year

I have left this thread a few times...rare that I do

But i post everywhere the same things I post here :thumbsup:

That is a big difference between trolls and posters...if you show up just to screw with people, youre a troll...

Youre not a troll...

I have left to go look at the girls of threads...and the Volreporter one since we have a few of our peeps that go there too...but thats it...

UT can get Strong or Fedora maybe even Gundy anytime they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back