The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that I think cuonzo will get a call from another school...and my thinking is that he is under appreciated here.

Bruce pearl spoiled Tennessee fans and created expectation for the first time in 20 years. Cuonzo has his team playing old school ball that those who know the game appreciate.

Bruce pearl got more with less though. Because of his charisma. Fair or not, it was less about x's and o's and more about passion. Knoxville thrives on passion. And so did his players.

Now....whats the countdown.

Bruce Pearl has as much of a chance of coming back to UT as UT IE 95 has of making a positive comment towards Cuonzo Martin.

Reactions: 1 person
My point was that I think cuonzo will get a call from another school...and my thinking is that he is under appreciated here.

Bruce pearl spoiled Tennessee fans and created expectation for the first time in 20 years. Cuonzo has his team playing old school ball that those who know the game appreciate.

Bruce pearl got more with less though. Because of his charisma. Fair or not, it was less about x's and o's and more about passion. Knoxville thrives on passion. And so did his players.

Now....whats the countdown.

I'll bite. While I understand and can appreciate the thought, Bruce probably has a better chance of getting hired at Illinois than at UT again. I loved Pearl while he was here and he'll always have a special place in our program's history, but he has 2 years left on his show-cause and he got us close to getting hammered by the NCAA. I'd love to have his passion back though. Too early to tell how well Martin will do here.

Wow OP is stupid. Pearl's offense was the same thing that we saw last night. Pass around the 3pt line and then jack up a 3 pointer with less than 10 seconds to go. The only difference is Zo's offense is only like that when we play against a zone. Please tell me the last time Pearl beat a top 20 team on the road when one of his best players was on the bench hurt.

He kicked his best player off the team mid season and went to the Elite 8 that year.

He suspended 4 players and beat Kansas that was ranked #1

He played without Lofton for about 6 games due to an ankle injury in 2007/2008 year.

He kicked his best player off the team mid season and went to the Elite 8 that year.

He played without Lofton for about 6 games due to an ankle injury in 2007/2008 year.

Again, facts have no place in the argument over the "Greatness of Martin".

He played without Lofton and lost, what, 4 of 6?

Santa Claus will coach this team before Bruce Pearl will. He will never ever ever ever ever ever coach the Vols again. Sorry.

Reactions: 4 people
Pearl over Martin all day. I don't understand the hate for pearl on here. The dude put Tennessee back on the map. I hope Martin does great things for us, but to say you would rather have Martin over Pearl from what we have seen so far is crazy.

Pearl over Martin all day. I don't understand the hate for pearl on here. The dude put Tennessee back on the map. I hope Martin does great things for us, but to say you would rather have Martin over Pearl from what we have seen so far is crazy.

I'll take Martin 10 out of 10 times.

Reactions: 3 people
Move the hell on people. He's never coming back and for good reason. Honestly, these types of threads are embarrassing. Martin vs. Pearl has nothing to do with it.

I think Coach Martin is a great HC, I have no complaints, but Bruce Pearl was on another level, the guy turned UT into a powerhouse. He will never coach here again but if it were actually possible I would be completely on board with replacing Martin with him.

Bruce Pearl is a cancer. He was surgically removed like a cancer. Too bad UT got the bad press for his ridiculous actions. We don't need coaches such as Bruce regardless of their record. Does a good win percentage justify cheating and then lying about it?

NO.

Reactions: 2 people
Bruce Pearl is a cancer. He was surgically removed like a cancer. Too bad UT got the bad press for his ridiculous actions. We don't need coaches such as Bruce regardless of their record. Does a good win percentage justify cheating and then lying about it?

NO.

I don't know. Ask Kentucky fans.

NO.

YES.

Hope you are happy with the NIT every year.

YES.

Hope you are happy with the NIT every year.

So you are Ok with cheating as long as it brings "glory" to the school (good record and NCAA bids?)? Not sure I understand that logic but everyone has an opinion.

Why not just go ahead and be a UK fan then? Since they do it (cheating AND winning) better than anyone else does.

So you are Ok with cheating as long as it brings "glory" to the school (good record and NCAA bids?)? Not sure I understand that logic but everyone has an opinion.

Why not just go ahead and be a UK fan then? Since they do it (cheating AND winning) better than anyone else does.

Not a UK fan, but how are they cheating?

Let me first say even though I am not impressed with Cuonzo so far, I hope he gets it done. As for BP, obviously not coming back ever, but heck yeah I would take 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances again and be competing for the SEC championship every year. The guy did a dumb thing lying about the kid at his house, but I personally don't care because the guy can coach his nutz off -> i.e. Kansas win

Let me first say even though I am not impressed with Cuonzo so far, I hope he gets it done. As for BP, obviously not coming back ever, but heck yeah I would take 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances again and be competing for the SEC championship every year. The guy did a dumb thing lying about the kid at his house, but I personally don't care because the guy can coach his nutz off -> i.e. Kansas win

I think most realistic UT fans agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back