Maryville HS awsome

Aaron Douglas probably the most talented .. Very sad situation though what happened to him. George Quarles is the best coach in the state and probably one of the best HS coaches in the country. Would love to see him become a college position coach and then coordinator.

You're still talking about 1 player in how many years? I've said before, you'd think with Maryville winning so many championships that Tennessee would be just getting 5 star after 5 star from them.. if you were on the outside looking in.. 1 player that contributed to our team is a terrible ratio. It's not like we are passing on their players and they are coming back to bite us ..i.e Randall Cobb.

You're still talking about 1 player in how many years? I've said before, you'd think with Maryville winning so many championships that Tennessee would be just getting 5 star after 5 star from them.. if you were on the outside looking in.. 1 player that contributed to our team is a terrible ratio. It's not like we are passing on their players and they are coming back to bite us ..i.e Randall Cobb.

Again, proves my point that George Quarles is the best coach in Tennessee hands down. Wins with less talent every year.

Again, proves my point that George Quarles is the best coach in Tennessee hands down. Wins with less talent every year.

You're arguing with something I never even said. I never questioned his coaching ability. I just said Maryville has no SEC talent and they should play other ranked teams from different states..

You're arguing with something I never even said. I never questioned his coaching ability. I just said Maryville has no SEC talent and they should play other ranked teams from different states..

Not arguing, just making a point. Chill out man.

Not True. I live in Auburn and have seen plenty of both (grew up in Chattanooga). Prattville had a few years of dominance. No way can you say they would walk onF "any" TN team, even in those years. The biggest difference in talent in TN and AL is exposure. AL honestly seems to have (believe it or not) more interest in pushing players to the next level (may be because of the proximity to d-1 schools) (UA, AU, Troy, UAB, MSU, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, FSU). Tennessee has traditionally only had 1 program of note, UT, near or within its borders.

But honestly the main reason I believe is the African American makeup in AL is slightly heavier than in TN (27%-17%. Thats not an offensive statement. Just an observation. 6A in AL is the equivalent to 6A-5A in TN and formerly was the equivalent to 5A before the new TSSAA system.
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]

Opelika (would not be in the state title game in TN for 6A) is in the 6A state title game next week against Hoover and I am 100% confident that Whitehaven and Maryville would still be great matchups against either (especially Opelika). In addition, 2008 BA was 8-4 so not exactly comparable year to Prattville banner year.

Hey genius...I said any team I played on or against. Get your quotes straight or at least half way close. The 2012 team has a new coach and is a shadow of years past. Prattville started the season # 1 in the nation in 2011. Held TJ Yeldon to 98 yds and earlier Julio Jones was held to less than 30 yds receiving in 2 meetings. No college team has done that against those two.

west siiiiide!

revenge against the hillbillies for munford losing against riverdale in the 5A game in '97

Whitehaven fixed there major flaw, they got a kicker! Still don't like them, most of the team still acted like thugs.

Maryville had several opportunities to put the game out of reach. Whitehaven was the better team Saturday night. Congrats to them. It still goes to show how great of a coach Quarles is. He almost won 6A (again) with a vast talent gap between his team and Whitehaven.

VN Store

Back