Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jason_Higdon
I just spoke with Charlie Strong, there was NO interview with Tennessee today folks, zero. He is entertaining OV's in Louisville..

Reactions: 3 people
Strong interviewed Friday.

Originally Posted by :
Hart and Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director Jon Gilbert arrived at a private jet service building earlier sometime around noon and departed. Their travels took them to a locale for at least one interview. The one interview that did happen was with Louisville head coach Charlie Strong.

Sources indicated that Tennessee may have interviewed another candidate as Hart and Gilbert were either gone or at the private jet service building until sometime between 6:45pm and 8:30pm.

If Tennessee did interview another candidate it would have likely North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora and here's why. Hart made it clear at his press conference that he would not interview a candidate who was still coaching in the regular season.

Hubbs

@Jason_Higdon
I just spoke with Charlie Strong, there was NO interview with Tennessee today folks, zero. He is entertaining OV's in Louisville..

@TheSportsDrive "VOLSQUEST reports that Hart will meet w/ OSU Head Coach Mike Gundy today and will meet with FSU Head Coach Jimbo Fisher tomorrow (Monday)."

@ClayTravisBGID: Looks like Vol coaching search now down to five names: Jimbo, Gundy, Strong, Golden, Fedora.

Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247

RT @mcmurphyespn: Skip Holtz fired after 3 seasons at USF, sources told @espn

12:46pm est on 12/02 - It was posted on VQ that Babyvol is still making a guarantee on scout that it will be Gruden... Even stating, if he's wrong, he will never post again.

tifwiw

Reactions: 5 people
@ClayTravisBGID: May interview again as well. Vols could have had him in 08. RT @NRestivo: Why not Gary Patterson?

12:46pm est on 12/02 - It was posted on VQ that Babyvol is still making a guarantee on scout that it will be Gruden... Even stating, if he's wrong, he will never post again.

tifwiw

per babyvol on TOS

Posted: Today 12:43 PM
This will be my last post til probably this coming weekend
There has been a reason I've posted everything I have. I'll explain it all after the announcement.
Just trust what I told u guys early on about media being a smokescreen.....well they weren't only one being a smokescreen. It's a great time to be a Vol. If what I told you early on is wrong I'll leave the board and u will never have to hear from me again.

Reactions: 11 people
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHogeCBS
Reliable source tells me Tennessee has at least reached out to Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema. Would be stunned if he left #Badgers tho.
This guy covers the Big Ten for 670 the score here in Chicago.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone close to Bielema tells me that Bielema hasn't talked to Tennessee. Still digging there.

Also, I'm told Gundy picked up Tennessee at the airport in Stillwater this morning and the rumor is that Oklahoma State gave Tennessee formal permission late last evening after State arrived home from Waco.

Can't confirm whether Tennessee is still there or not at this point.

-Hubbs

Rucker:
We don’t think Tennessee has met or will meet today with Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher.

FIsher and his Seminoles played in the ACC Championship Game last night. We know they didn’t get back to Tallahassee until approximately 4 a.m., and we know they had a staff meeting at 1 p.m., and we know they have their annual team banquet tonight.

Given that timeline and what we’re hearing a UT meeting today with Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy meeting, it doesn’t look like the Vols are going to meet with Fisher today.

We’ve also been told that Fisher is not planning to go to New York City for Tuesday night’s National Football Foundation Hall of Fame banquet. We haven’t been able to confirm that, but one person close to Fisher told us he didn’t think Fisher would be going to New York. That would still leave Monday and Wednesday or beyond as possibilities for a meeting with Fisher, but we haven’t been able to confirm anything else.

It’s worth remembering that while we think UT would like to have this search settled by the end of this week, we’ve also recently heard that UT athletic director Dave Hart told at least one person we know that he wasn’t necessarily in a hurry with this hire, and that he wanted to make sure UT got the right guy for the job. That doesn’t necessarily jive with Hart telling prominent UT boosters that they wouldn’t have to wait long after the season finale against Kentucky to know who would be the Vols’ next coach ... but, when you think about it, late this week would still seem to be a middle ground that wasn’t “too long” but wasn’t hurried.

We’re continuing to dig into all of this, and we’ll definitely have more updates today, tonight and in the morning.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster
Whispers abound that both major Oklahoma schools could be looking for new HCs sooner than people think.

Reactions: 2 people
Per football scoop:

Vanderbilt: We have confirmed with sources that James Franklin has agreed to remain at Vanderbilt with an extension.

Reactions: 16 people
This on The Scoop page.

TCU: Hearing further confirmation to what we told you weeks ago, Gary Patterson isn't looking to leave TCU. Wouldn't surprise us to see an announcement of an extension to stay at TCU looooong term.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has not spoken at this point to FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher. I had mentioned earlier today that maybe it was possible for Tennessee to do two interviews today. I have no reason to believe they did a second interview and they definitely didn't talk to Fisher.

Things also seem to have gone quiet in Stillwater, OK after alot of people were chatty this morning.

Charlie Strong continues to indicate to people that he feels like his interview went really well.

-Hubbs

Hubbs when asked if it was down to Fisher and Strong:

I don't think it's down to just those two. I think Strong is a real factor here. More of a factor than I thought 4 or 5 days ago.

Evan Woodbery ‏@TennesseeBeat
Mike Gundy on report of UT interview: "I would never talk about any other jobs or any confirmation of anything that's gone on."

How did you spend your day, coach Gundy? "I spent it around the house."

One last try for Gundy: "I would prefer to not talk about anything other than Oklahoma State and the bowl game."

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back