Maryville HS awsome

treedogvol

what a program for a hs and they say tenn doesn't have HS FB players. CAK state champions .. If UT can't get 10 great players a yr in tenn they are overlooking

Reactions: 2 people
Scouting TN or any state filled with small schools is harder work than scouting states that have larger programs. Scouts go where they're familiar and they are familiar with big city schools and big program schools. As such, a lot of talent from smaller areas never gets seen.

Reactions: 2 people
Or, you're overestimating the talent of kids who beat up on pathetic competition year in and year out. They are solid programs no doubt, and a few kids get picked up here and there, but if we get half our team from in state every year, we'll be lucky to win 6 games a year. And besides, why limit yourself if you're able to recruit nationally. Just because a kid is from Tennessee doesn't mean he deserves consideration over another from another state. As of yet, he's done nothing for the program to deserve special treatment.

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn't LOCAL coaches be around? Camps, offseason or something. Our season is ALWAYS over before the highschool playoffs is over. Oh yeah we never have a coach that time of year. Maybe one day we'll have a coach long enough to build relations in Mryville.

There are at least six guys on that Whitehaven team that are going to the SEC alone. The coaching just sucks.

Name a Maryville kid who plays on Sunday. Matter of fact, name one who has ever played pro other than Danny Spradlin.

I've learned that East Tennessee might not produce the best players, but they, for some reason, produce the best teams in the state.

Name a Maryville kid who plays on Sunday. Matter of fact, name one who has ever played pro other than Danny Spradlin.

Danny played at Lenior City. I played against him. Back then they ran the single wing and he played Running Back and also Linebacker. Sure was tough to tackle too.

Last edited:
what a program for a hs and they say tenn doesn't have HS FB players. CAK state champions .. If UT can't get 10 great players a yr in tenn they are overlooking

What does winning state championships have to do with the talent level in Tennessee........you do realize it is Tennessee teams playing other Tennessee teams, it is not like we are competing against other states.

East Tennessee players do just fine thank you, as well as coaches.

Yeah, I was thinking of this guy named James "Little Man" Stewart that was from Morristown. Maybe somebody's heard of him - used to play a little at RB.

Yeah, I was thinking of this guy named James "Little Man" Stewart that was from Morristown. Maybe somebody's heard of him - used to play a little at RB.

That could be part of the problem, we have to think through to find a few players that made an impact....you do realize stewart played in the early nineties don't you?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...sorry...they are my least favorite HS team. But congrats to the Alabama of Blount County. Can't deny their greatness

Danny Spradlin did not play at Lenoir City, he did in fact play at Maryville as was originally posted. He was in the class of 1977.

Gerald Seneabaugh-Dallas
Cody Sensabaugh- Tennessee
Daniel Kilgore- San Francisco

I think thats pretty impressive for a little E. TN school.:thumbsup:

I know coty personally he was not recruited by tennessee but he played well at Clemson.

Daniel hood is from Kingsport also

VN Store

Back