Are we...

Obsessedvol

Supposed to be good this upcoming year? I somewhat follow UT baseball but not as religiously as other athletics. Just wanted to hear some other peoples opinions of this team. Thanks!

Will be better, much improved talent on the the field. Still not up there yet with FLA, USC, LSU, etc. Probably finish 5-8 and get to Hoover.

Will be better, much improved talent on the the field. Still not up there yet with FLA, USC, LSU, etc. Probably finish 5-8 and get to Hoover.

Talent is still very distant to the rest of the SEC. 5-8 isn't realistic. If DS and crew grab the 9th or 10th spot to Hoover that would be a great year IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
An optimistic outlook would be to for us to get to Hoover as a 6-8. Realistically, we will be clawing all year just to get in. Its not easy to say how good we will be, since a lot of our talent is very young.

Sidenote: Coaches met last week to discuss expanding the Hoover field to 12 teams. I hope they keep it at 10.

An optimistic outlook would be to for us to get to Hoover as a 6-8. Realistically, we will be clawing all year just to get in. Its not easy to say how good we will be, since a lot of our talent is very young.

Sidenote: Coaches met last week to discuss expanding the Hoover field to 12 teams. I hope they keep it at 10.

I kind of wish they would end the tourney or make it single-elimination like softball.

The good teams don't trot out their top starters until weekend and are often eliminated by then.

Another suggestion would be to go back to the split tourney and let everyone play. With 14-16 teams this would make more sense.

I believe we would have had 9-10 teams in some prior tourney if we did not cut our own field to top-8.

SEC East Tourney in Kodak or similar minor league parks would be great stuff. The West could go to whatever cesspool they wanted.

SEC East

Smokies Park
Gwinnett, GA
Greenville, SC
Legends Field (Lexington)
Nashville
Jacksonville

Very young, very talented team. They will win a few games they shouldn't win and then lose some head scratchers as well. The pitching staff will need some young pitchers (Quillen) to step up and contribute and then need a couple of veterans to have good seasons (Saberhagen) as well.

Godley will be solid but he will be matched up w/the SEC's best on Friday nights. I assume they are keeping Nick Williams in the bull pen?

VN Store

Back