Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
1w2Gf

Reactions: 11 people

Gary Haskew Chris, he had info.....I know. You and others doubt him, but the $$$ boys did not agree.to the assistant money.....The agent said Gruden not offdred...he wasnt....had the.mondy come then.comes offer and acceptance....Hart wins, Gruden wins....vol fans lose.....now who....BUTCH DAVIS MAKES SENSE......AS THE WORLD TJRNS

I just received a call from Memphis from a source that has been semi close to the situation. She has nothing to gain from calling me and telling me and everything she has said has aligned with Boro, etc. She is not a UT grad nor is on this board. She was firm when she stated this was not over and disregard what Gruden's agent has said.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...l-jon-gruden-thread-xiii-702.html#post7865794

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Stephen Hargris, the guy who wrote the TFP article, was on ESPN radio 105.1 in Chattanooga a few minutes ago (local radio show, not national). Was asked about his source and said he was absolutely certain everything he was told and wrote in the article was true. Said his source was someone who talked directly to Gruden about being an assistant at UT (that has to narrow down who his source is by quite a bit I would think). Source told him the only hang up was the amount of money Gruden wanted for assistants. He believes that if in fact a deal has fallen though, money for assistants could very well be the reason.

I have no link, I just heard it on the radio.

Edit: This is the article in question (not the radio interview)
Former Super Bowl winner Gruden mulls Tennessee Vols' offer | timesfreepress.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Hargis is sticking by his story. Says talks were centered more between gruden camp and boosters which is why grudens agent can technically say they werent in negotiations or talking to hart. Says they are very divided on money for assistants. Also claims a second source txtd him last night and said he had talked to grudens agent and lamont told him that if ut didnt meet demands for assistants gruden would walk. Says gruden already has a plan to fix the program and that things are further along than others have reported. Says if this falls through its more ut's fault for letting this turn into the mess it has become.

Reactions: 2 people
Harris from TFP who broke the story from chatt last night says on 104.5 in Nashville says the hang up is assistants money and that his 3rd source who is a coach in SEC, if I heard right, says we should know in next day or two of "they are ready to play big boy football with Alabama and the rest of us"
Hang in there. Hart has to find a way to get boosters help and put up the money.

Edit. Mods delete if irrelevant or incorrect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Hubbs has now joined Clay Travis, Hargis, and Chris Low in saying that Gruden was never #1 on Dave Hart's list.

sidebar: Dave Hart is woefully inept.

Reactions: 6 people
Not to make anyone mad but from VQ...

LWS:
Gruden was # 1 candidate of a set of boosters but Haslam, IMO, was not on that side. it is exactly why things are at the point they are.

Haslam's side always wins folks.

corner36:
Gruden wanted the job. Gonna be some upset people when the details come out. And like Larry said, Hart is the winner. He has The Juice.

LWS follow up...

Haslam would be fine with Gruden, but not with what they wanted. NO school could accept their terms. And I don't know all the details but based on what I heard 2 weeks ago and it being correct, I never felt this would fly. The end result happened in the last 48 hours. back off and it could be back in play.

I posted in a different area...but due to ppl hearing and reading what they want...i am posting it again here as well.
Jon Grudens contract was up in 2011. IF he is owed any money from his buyout, it is money he agreed to defer. That deferred money, does not have stipulations that include not being able to take another head coaching job. He has been free to take another HC job, starting after TB's last game, last season. The Dec 1st, and Dec 15th dates being tossed around...the "he wants to stick it to TB" idea's...are just that...ideas. Payments from TB, never...ever...ever had anything to do with UT or any other job starting almost 12 months ago.

Reactions: 6 people
Babyvol made this post at 11:31 pm tonight:

Originally Posted by : I'm not caving....all I'm apologizing for is wrong date. I gave you guys the Dooley firing but missed date of announcement. I gave you Gruden hiring....just wrong date. Let it play out guys and you will see I know what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna make a bunch of posts about it but my info is solid. I told you guys the media hasn't been right about anything! Someone will swoop in and appear to save the day on Gruden. Just sit back...watch....and let it play out.

Reactions: 10 people
babyvol from TOS

I'm not caving....all I'm apologizing for is wrong date. I gave you guys the Dooley firing but missed date of announcement. I gave you Gruden hiring....just wrong date. Let it play out guys and you will see I know what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna make a bunch of posts about it but my info is solid. I told you guys the media hasn't been right about anything! Someone will swoop in and appear to save the day on Gruden. Just sit back...watch....and let it play out.

Reactions: 1 person
LWS response to who he think Big Jim wants:
Originally Posted by :
I have no idea but if he wanted Jon Gruden as the coach at Tennessee, he would be the coach at Tenenssee. If Gruden's agent would come off some of the points AND Gruden is truly interested in coaching in college and at Tenenssee, I'm real sure Haslam would be on board that. That is still possible if they would alter demands. Personally, I think LaMonte AND Gruden had no interest in coaching here and were only playing the game they have played elsewhere to keep Gruden's name out there.

just my opinion, of course.

Reactions: 1 person
From tnvol3
Babyvol is still saying Gruden. He said just watch some one will come in at the last second and save the thing. Hope so its still possible.

Reactions: 8 people
Bad news.

iterator (14)
10:27 AM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Just saw this on TOS by babyvol, SIAP:

Posted: Today 11:15 AM
I'm guessing this is true so I
Am officially coming to my senses and off the Gruden train.
Just going to keep quiet cause I can't even trust what I know from the top boosters anymore.
Sorry to those who felt misled....it definitely wasn't on purpose. I just can't believe we are dumb enough to let a Bammer ruin our program. How you don't have Gruden at top of your list is beyond me. Good luck and I'll be lurking til we get a new coach in place. A Vol fan for life.....regardless how low we fall. Get behind our new coach, whomever that is and climb back up the mountain. Go Big Orange!

Reactions: 8 people
Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
He was interested. It didn't work out. Is this hard? RT @brandonbutler81: You post contradictory info, Gruden is interested, not interested.

kevinmulligan ‏@kevinmulligan ‏
@wesrucker247 Gruden claims to love UT, wife went here, etc. Helps out at camps. If he wasn't interested which is more likely...

@kevinmulligan Disagreements on money for his AND his staff, plus some control issues. Plus ... he's just more comfy in the NFL. Simple.

@kevinmulligan He is more comfortable in the NFL and decided that in the end. You act like that CRUCIAL part doesn't exist. It does.

Last edited:
babyvol followed up earlier comment with this:

babyvol

Posted: Today 12:10 AM
Re: I'm guessing this is true so I
Dang...some of you guys don't fall for anything. I applaud some of you for being very smart.....others not so much.

more babyvol

Posted: Today 1:47 AM
Re: I'm holding out hope... (kind of long)
Soon I will be able to explain things to you guys...even my "announcement date" that was wrong and my tongue in cheek post....... just be patient grasshoppers and keep faith that babyvol has always provided good info. Your faith in me will soon be restored.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back