Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory serves me correctly, he was the only one, though, that gave the most accurate and correct timeline for it. A lot of people you consider to be "OGs" went from "after this game" to "after that game", etc, etc.

Wrong about that. All three or four I consider said was done after MSU and blow up in Ad and they said it that week. All three said it in spite of an incredible amount of ridicule and stuck to it the whole time. Even with the if Dooley is fired why is he still on the sideline stuff. One even called in early

October that right at the end the deal will

appear to fall through with Gruden and Hart would have to either appear to save the deal or pack it in himself. These things are why I chose to wear a Gruden mask on Halloween.

Hey...News flash.. The kids that are in state don't know about UT tradition, much less out of state. We all know about it. nobody else does. Kids don't come here anymore just cuz we r UT.. ask fulmer

If you have the right person pitching it, then it can work. You can't tell me if Jay Graham and Tee Martin came to talk to you about what is to play for Tennessee that you wouldn't walk away impressed with our history.

Lol at this guy in the Gruden thread telling people to stop trolling for talking about Gruden.

Lol at this guy jumping into someone's conversation when has know clue as to what we are talking about. This guy claims to be an Insider. Im just calling bs. Never said you couldn't talk about Gruden. Thanks C-ya

Stuck my neck out there yesterday and am admitting I was wrong. I still feel confident that when the fat lady sings, it will be Gruden. If by some chance it's not, fisher or strong are great choices and would do well here.

Well, my point is that Gruden and our folks reached an agreement in principle, or at least that is way it was communicated. Basically, "OK let's do it boys." The reason it got so far was because everyone was working under that assumption. Otherwise it would have dissolved away much sooner, with much less fanfare.

I remain convinced that all parties are surprised and disappointed things didn't work, if in fact they didn't.

If both sides truly are surprised and disappointed this didn't work, then that means the end of this story probably isn't written. That goes back to how badly do both sides want this.

Maybe the best thing is for both sides to take the weekend, allow Gruden to get through one more MNF, Hart to do his interviews seeing what else is possible, and then talk again early next week with cooler heads hopefully prevailing.

If this happens, it will be the biggest the deal in college football history. It has to be unbelievably stressful and difficult for both sides working all this out. It makes perfect sense that something like this would happen. If both sides want the deal, though, it will happen eventually. Unfortunately it's just not on the fans or media timetable.

We all want to see UT back in the national spotlight. We might disagree about how we can get there, but we all want to see the same thing in the end.

You too huh? ::pepper:

butterface.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back