Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do you get your information? If you find my first post, you'll see that a lot of the things we say line up very strongly.

I don't really think there's any surprise to it, though. In order for a small mess like this occur, both sides have to have a pretty strong understanding of what is happening and what needs to be done.

On an additional note; I was also literally just told by my buddy/"source" that apparently everything is still under control and that things are moving along, just at a slightly reverted point.

Good news, to me.
Dude,quit trolling these people. Seriously its over dog. Trolling season ended yesterday.

Hear's an honest question: We all know that top notch recruiting at Tennessee is a must for various reasons, chief among those is not a lot of instate talent. Charlie Strong's Louisville team is currently #73 Rivals. I know it's Lousiville but he doesn't compete well with even his peers in that category. Rutgers is #29 by comparison. Should I not be nervous of his recruiting ability if he gets the job at UT?

He has 9 commits right now, mainly because he only has a hand full of players graduating. His team is loaded with underclassmen right now, plus there was hesitation with all of the conference issues.

While i'm not positive he would be an elite recruiter, I think there is a good chance he would do great with our facilities, tradition, conference, a great staff, and his ties to Florida. I think Fisher could recruit better nationally, but don't rely on the rankings.

You can't vouch for his sources but you say they are solid? Sounds legit. So let me guess,you have sources close to the situation saying the same thing? Well,you have done it. I believe for the third time that we are getting Gruden.

As I stated in the post prior to that: I cannot vouch for his actual sources, but I can vouch for his information. I apologize for any misleading that occurred in that plane.

As for myself, yes. I gave a very brief and vague outline of how I obtain my information and as I said, I will not discuss or defend them either.

What amazes me... I know quite a few people that knew they where getting the band together to get this done. Most of it wrapped up days before it came out on this board, many with no connections at all. I am surprised more people didnt know about it than those with direct ties on here.

Really.. cuz if gru doesn't come, we lose bray,hunter,and patterson 4 sure. And I think Vandy has better players at this time as well as far better coaching. Truth sucks

CP did say he would come back if it was Gruden....I dunno that I beleive that....but hey..

He has 9 commits right now, mainly because he only has a hand full of players graduating. His team is loaded with underclassmen right now, plus there was hesitation with all of the conference issues.

While i'm not positive he would be an elite recruiter, I think there is a good chance he would do great with our facilities, tradition, conference, a great staff, and his ties to Florida. I think Fisher could recruit better nationally, but don't rely on the rankings.

Hey...News flash.. The kids that are in state don't know about UT tradition, much less out of state. We all know about it. nobody else does. Kids don't come here anymore just cuz we r UT.. ask fulmer

Yeah, gotta admit that doesn't make me feel great about Strong. I already didn't feel great, but all the talk about his awesome recruiting ability has me wondering why Louisville is so far behind in that department.

It is hard to get anybody to want to go to UL no matter how good of a coach you are. All I know is this...Ask any UF fan which coach they least want to see go to UT, and they will all say Strong.

Yeah, gotta admit that doesn't make me feel great about Strong. I already didn't feel great, but all the talk about his awesome recruiting ability has me wondering why Louisville is so far behind in that department.

If that makes you nervous...I stopped about 2006...FSU has only had 1 class from 06' to now outside the top 10 ...they should be crushing the ACC...I'd take ...bottom of the barrell...who could be just, gut wrenching...Franklin over Fisher...I said , I need a shower I'm dirty...ugh.

Gruden!

Reactions: 1 person
As I stated in the post prior to that: I cannot vouch for his actual sources, but I can vouch for his information. I apologize for any misleading that occurred in that plane.

As for myself, yes. I gave a very brief and vague outline of how I obtain my information and as I said, I will not discuss or defend them either.

Ok mr.insider. Since you got sources who is in the know. Break down for me what is really going on.

We all want to see UT back in the national spotlight. We might disagree about how we can get there, but we all want to see the same thing in the end.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back