Stoops contacted...

I think Larry said he was chatting with Gundy on that trip?

I would be happy with Gundy too, but he also has a game tomorrow. IMO Gundy is more of a longshot then Stoops. Gundy has roots in Oklahoma, from the state, was a starting QB at OKST.

I think that Gundy doesn't like Pickens always hovering over his shoulder and injecting himself in the program. However, I agree he uses these job opportunities to score an extension or a pay bump.

I would love some fire from a coach like Gundy.

"I'm a man!"--Gundy

That's the stuff I am talking about, but correctly stated he is not leaving his alma mater

Stoops is the only guy that would be close to Gruden, IMO. The other guys (Gundy, Fedora, Golden, Strong & Fisher) are decent hires, but if Gruden is a 10, Stoops is a 9.5 and the rest are 8's at best. I was preparing to writes Hart off as a mole after the rumors of forcing Coach Summitt out and then this Gruden debacle.

However, if he'd talked with Stoops the other day and came back feeling very good about him, I can understand him not wanting to give up all the control to Gruden.

He would be closer to his brother and get a chance to play against each other on a regular basis. I don't think it's that far stretched getting him.

I hope there is some truth to this. Stoops is the only other hire the fan base can rally around. Gundy would be okay, Fisher would be "meh," and anyone else short of a miracle hire would be disastrous. I really wanted Gruden, but Stoops would make me almost as glad. If he can recruit as well as he does to Norman (which is not that exciting of a town, except for having the world's largest movie theater), surely he can do even better in a beautiful city like Knoxville.

no on poopy stoops he is past his prime and would only be here a short while.[/QUOTE

Do what? He is definitely not past his prime. Things grow stale after being at a place for a while. If he took the job it would be with intents to stay a while if I had to guess. Where does some of this BS come from?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back