Baseball stadium upgrade in the future?

Yeah just as soon as the Cadillac from hertz arrives with the money.

Our athletic department iss so far in the red that most of Volnation was worried we couldn't financially afford to fire CDD. And you're asking if we're gonna throw money toward upgrading baseball facilities? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
Our stadium is nice, but not sure it can be considered one of the best, even for just the SEC. UT currently does not really have a great fan base compared to some other SEC programs for baseball right now, which shows in the stadium size. I think only UK, UGA, and Vandy have smaller stadiums. They just finished two phases with the stadium and have another phase in the plans that includes the construction of some luxury suites, a new press box tower, and some more smaller things.

SEC West has amazing stadiums.

Our athletic department iss so far in the red that most of Volnation was worried we couldn't financially afford to fire CDD. And you're asking if we're gonna throw money toward upgrading baseball facilities? :unsure:

Well technically, the AD having financial problems really does not effect the facilities. For example, the recent renovations to the stadium used no university funds or taxpayer subsidies.

Last edited:
Our stadium is nice, but not sure it can be considered one of the best, even for just the SEC. UT currently does not really have a great fan base compared to some other SEC programs for baseball right now, which shows in the stadium size. I think only UK, UGA, and Vandy have smaller stadiums. They just finished two phases with the stadium and have another phase in the plans that includes the construction of some luxury suites, a new press box tower, and some more smaller things.

Well technically, the AD having financial problems really does not effect the facilities. For example, the recent renovations to the stadium used no university funds or taxpayer subsidies.
Stadium size wise, it may not be top, but looking at total facilities from weight rooms, batting cages, offices, etc, it is one of the best.

I'm not sure on the specifics. The upgrades may not have used "university funds" but didn't the AD basically take out loans for many of the facility projects. I can't remember where I heard it but someone (Hyams/Hubbs) mentioned that UT is servicing something like $200 million dollars worth of debt.

I was at UT in the 90's so I saw some decent baseball years. I'm just not convinced UT baseball has the fanbase that LSU, Miss, ATM etc have. Those schools tailgate and party at baseball games. There's rarely more than 1k at UT games. For SECW schools baseball games are an event to plan your weekend around. For most Vols fans, it's something to do on a free day if the weather is nice, when all your other plans go south.

Last edited:
Yeah just as soon as the Cadillac from hertz arrives with the money.

The caddy was reserved and was meant for TAC air. It was never picked up. And just as Hyams reported the meeting yesterday was cancelled. So it only makes sense that the caddy would still be there

VN Store

Back