The Heisman:

Disagree.

Notre Dame had a better year than Texas A&M, but Teo did not have a more impressive season than Manziel.

The irony of a UT fan promoting a defensive player for the Heisman is interesting to say the least. Woodson at least returned punts. :p

Teo was excellent game in and game out. Manziels most impressive performance is more impressive than Teo's; Manziels least impressive performance was abysmal. The same cannot be said of Teo.

I have never once argued that Peyton should have won the Heisman over Woodson. I have frequently argued the contrary in this forum.

Teo was excellent game in and game out. Manziels most impressive performance is more impressive than Teo's; Manziels least impressive performance was abysmal. The same cannot be said of Teo.

I have never once argued that Peyton should have won the Heisman over Woodson. I have frequently argued the contrary in this forum.

At least you're consistent...I thought Peyton got screwed, but understood why. He was a 4th year senior with expectations of perfection, and he fell short.

Manziel is a freshman who's surpassed Tebow and Newton already, and he's got at least two years left.

And at the end of the day you and I both know Teo probably won't win the Heisman. Hell, if your barometer is consistent excellence game in and game out, Jadaveon Clowney deserves the Heisman more than Teo.

And at the end of the day you and I both know Teo probably won't win the Heisman. Hell, if your barometer is consistent excellence game in and game out, Jadaveon Clowney deserves the Heisman more than Teo.

While Clowney is good and more talented than Teo, I do not think he is more excellent or more consistently excellent (he might be equally excellent, in his respective role).

Clowney: 49 tackes, 4.5 tackles per game
Teo: 101 tackles, 8.5 tackles per game

Clowney: 36 solo, 3.3 per game
Teo: 46 solo, 3.8 per game

Clowney: 13 sacks, 1.2 per game
Teo: 1.5 sacks

Clowney: 0 interceptions
Teo: 7 interceptions

Clowney can get to the quarterback; Teo is not a pass rusher. Teo can pick the ball off pretty well for a LB; Clowney does not drop in coverage. Thus, the last two statistics seem to be a wash.

When it comes to tackles, I will admit that Clowney's stats are hurt by the fact that other teams gameplan away from Clowney; and, MLBs usually always have high tackle counts.

Being the lynch pin on one of the best defenses in the country, the strength (the defense not Teo) of the #1 team in the country, certainly helps Teo. It might be unfair that being on a defense that surrendered 44 points to Florida hurts Clowney.

This would bother me if it was clear to me that Clowney is a more excellent, and consistently excellent, player than Teo; but, that is not clear to me. Thus, Teo gets the nod from me for a handful of huge plays that sealed crucial victories for ND (pick against OU, goal line stands against USC and Stanford).

Man'ti Teo is the best player in the country.

He plays for the #1 team in the country.

He is the best story in college football.

And if you want to even go down this far, he's an incredible leader and is a role model for everyone.

It's quite obvious who should win the Heisman.

Reactions: 1 person

And if you want to even go down this far, he's an incredible leader and is a role model for everyone.

Johnny Manziel

Johnny Football won't win because the old Heisman regime won't let him,..he a freshman. No freshman has ever won it, so JMO it's Manti T'eo.

I'll be quite disappointed if a freshman with great stats wins the Heisman over a senior leader who helped lead his defense and team to an excellent and undefeated season to play for a NC. QBs with great stats are a dime-a-dozen every single year. Teo deserves and should win the Heisman. He is a class-act and incredible football player--the best in the country.

Johnny Football will have his day in the next two years.

Johnny Manziel

Why? Because he beat Bama on the road? What happened at home games against LSU and UF, where he royally sucked?

Teo is THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY. You give it to THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY.

It's why Mark Ingram won the Heisman over Ndomukong Suh. Suh was the best player in the country, but because college football fans just see QB and RB, we have to give it to the QB.

Who is better?

Maybe Chance Womack?

Think Manziel's had the better year. 3,500 yards passing on 8.5 yards per attempt and 1,100 yards rushing on 6.42 yards per carry.

Te'o's defensive numbers are good, but they aren't the best.

Johnny football put up better numbers then tebow's and newton's best years. And they both won the Heisman. You have to give it to him he had a record breaking year as a freshman. Also for that matter it should not count against him that he is a freshman.

Reactions: 1 person
Johnny football put up better numbers then tebow's and newton's best years. And they both won the Heisman. You have to give it to him he had a record breaking year as a freshman. Also for that matter it should not count against him that he is a freshman.

:hi:

From what football outside of UT's that I have watched id have to say Manziel. Although I also think that if Tebow didnt win it as a freshman, no one will.

:no: last time a defensive guy got it - the trophy became a sham

thing is, if he wins this year, he's probably gonna win another one, barring injury. he'll lose the linemen so we'll see how that goes, but the numbers will be there another year

Everyone said that about Tebow.

For an offensive player there it seems that it's easier to have a horrible game because he could easily throw a couple picks or fumble the ball. For a defensive player, it seems you either play fantastic or average. The stats won't show the mistakes for a defense player but they will for a offensive one. And people always are more critical of qbs anyway.

Why? Because he beat Bama on the road? What happened at home games against LSU and UF, where he royally sucked?

Teo is THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY. You give it to THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY.

It's why Mark Ingram won the Heisman over Ndomukong Suh. Suh was the best player in the country, but because college football fans just see QB and RB, we have to give it to the QB.

The Ndominater should have won it. I'm not sure Teo does. This a really weak group of Heisman candidates.

VN Store

Back