The Heisman:

Your mother perhaps?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFPQ4GRxJA&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/youtube]

We had to have her make a video to keep up with Arky. We're sooooooo SEC brah.

I think I'd rather have a pleasant looking cougar with a decent voice than the fat guy cussing at me while driving his pick up that we have.

Anyone paying attention can see Manziel is the obvious choice.

As long as one avoids looking at the three interceptions thrown the loss at home against LSU, I agree.

If there is a player out there who has consistently played at an excellent level, I would award the trophy to that player over one who played at an excellent level in almost every game, yet let his entire team down in one game (3 interceptions, 51.8% completion rate, and only 27 yards on the ground on 17 carries).

thing is, if he wins this year, he's probably gonna win another one, barring injury. he'll lose the linemen so we'll see how that goes, but the numbers will be there another year

As long as one avoids looking at the three interceptions thrown the loss at home against LSU, I agree.

If there is a player out there who has consistently played at an excellent level, I would award the trophy to that player over one who played at an excellent level in almost every game, yet let his entire team down in one game (3 interceptions, 51.8% completion rate, and only 27 yards on the ground on 17 carries).

If there is a player out there who has consistently played at an excellent level, shattering total offense records of two previous Heisman winners and almost single-handedly beating the defending national champions in their house....in spite of having a bad game against one of CFB's best defenses....I would award the trophy to that player.

If there is a player out there who has consistently played at an excellent level, shattering total offense records of two previous Heisman winners and almost single-handedly beating the defending national champions in their house....in spite of having a bad game against one of CFB's best defenses....I would award the trophy to that player.

Well, Manziel has not consistently performed at an excellent level. Next.

Keep trying trut. You'll hit a nerve here in a sec and I'll just be far too overwhelmed to ignore it.

Not relative to Teo.

Disagree.

Notre Dame had a better year than Texas A&M, but Teo did not have a more impressive season than Manziel.

The irony of a UT fan promoting a defensive player for the Heisman is interesting to say the least. Woodson at least returned punts. :p

Nearly every Heisman winner has one bad game. Perhaps that's Manziel's.

I would say that nearly every Heisman winner has one lackluster game; I do not know that I would agree that every Heisman winner has one abysmal game where they commit three turnovers through the air and rush for only 1.6 yards per carry.

Manziel had a lackluster game against Florida; I think that is easily eschewed though since it was his first college game (though, I am not sure that a junior, starting in their first game, would get the same type of pass). However, I do not think that the performance against LSU is easily wiped away due to McCarron's bad game against A&M that resulted in a win for Manziel; nor do I think that six touchdown performances against teams like Mizzou wipe the LSU performance away.

VN Store

Back