Formula 1 Thread

as much as i didn't want vettel to win the world championship again this year, i have to say that was really about the only real disappointment to this season, at least he didn't run away with it from the start. texas was a great new addition to the calendar. hopefully they will all get away from this step nose design next year and the cars won't be quite as ugly but i gotta say i kinda got used to it and it kind of grew on me. overall it was a great season, i hate to see schumi retiring again but it may be for the best. i'm already anxious for next season and am really curious how some of the moves are going to work out for the drivers.

In terms of racing, it was a very good year. Great to see a lot of different teams winning with, williams, Lotus Renault, and Mercedes taking wins.

The stars burned brighter, with Vettel, Alonso, and Hamilton showing why they are the top guys. Kimi was also great in his return, and given more race pace he would have been a contender at the end.

The bad drivers showed their asses. Despite a great start Maldanado was a headcase behind the wheel, and Grojean was a disaster.

More than anything, it was very bittersweet for me as a Hamilton fan. On the track he was pretty much faultless. This was his best season, and McLaren's worst in long time.

Mainly I am sad that it is over.

I do wonder if Merc will start to feature Lewis on their website soon, or if they will wait for the launch of the car.

force india really showed to be legitimate mid pack contenders and with a driver comperable to kimi could easily challenge for 4th best team. i'd say lotus, mercedes, and force india are fairly even cars but vijay needs better drivers. i was glad to see caterham finish in the points, curious to see how that money helps their developent for next year.

have you heard anything on kubica returning next year or is he a forgotten driver now?

force india really showed to be legitimate mid pack contenders and with a driver comperable to kimi could easily challenge for 4th best team. i'd say lotus, mercedes, and force india are fairly even cars but vijay needs better drivers. i was glad to see caterham finish in the points, curious to see how that money helps their developent for next year.

have you heard anything on kubica returning next year or is he a forgotten driver now?

Not looking good.

Robert Kubica - 'I can't drive a single seater' | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Hmmm. Not a good season in my eyes. The drs has ruined the racing. It's so artificial now. Stopped watching after the British GP and started again at the US GP. First season I have skipped races since 2004.

Last two races were ok, the drama of Brazil was good. Can't wait to see the WEC at Austin, what a great circuit.

Vettel deserved the title, great drive at interlagos.

Hmmm. Not a good season in my eyes. The drs has ruined the racing. It's so artificial now. Stopped watching after the British GP and started again at the US GP. First season I have skipped races since 2004.

Last two races were ok, the drama of Brazil was good. Can't wait to see the WEC at Austin, what a great circuit.

Vettel deserved the title, great drive at interlagos.

I like the racing as it is. I know the drs is a bit tacky, but they had to do something.

I like the racing as it is. I know the drs is a bit tacky, but they had to do something.

It's down to opinion. DRS and purists don't mix. It's no fun seeing the majority of overtaking done before corners. It takes away defensive driving. Way too much overtaking now.

VN Store

Back