Congrats Maryville High School 4 point win over Siegel High

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Siegel qb Stockstill came into the game with a banged up knee and surprisingly played the entire game. I hope Maryville rb is okay . I think these teams were obviously evenly matched on talent but Maryville's coach took advantage of what I think was some poor play calling the last series of downs by Siegel and decent field posistion that's all it took for Maryville to secure the last td with about a minute to go. Good luck with Whitehaven. I think coming here and defeating Siegel in their stadium speaks for itself.Great game.

I watched the 2nd half on the internet and i've not seen a ton of high school football, but that was definitely the best hs game i've ever seen, congrats Rebels.

I missed the game. I hear that Maryville had to come back from behind? What was the sequence of events?

If only Maryville could produce some studs that we could recruit. I bet people from other states look at Maryville and think " I bet Tennessee loves that they are so close and they have to get some good players out of there" .. Not bashing them before the George Quarles mob trolls me.. just saying with their record every year you'd think they had some D1 studs.

Congrats to Maryville and Siegel! I was there and it was a great game! Very gutsy performance by the Siegel QB. He played pretty much on one leg because of the torn ACL and still went 22-33, 376 yds and 4 tds. Good luck next week against DaHaven in Cookeville!

Does whitehaven give schollies too?

Seriously? Just because programs are successful they must be offering scholarships? Do you understand the concept of open enrollment? Blount county offers the option to families that live there. Successful programs draw students and athletes. There is a waiting period and additional fees for students not living in the zone specified for that school.

Likewise, whitehaven is a public school that does not offer aid. They are blessed with incredible tradition and a wealth of talent. I've lived in either shelby or blount county for the majority of my life and I can tell you there is no difference between these programs and the success the schools in rutherford county have enjoyed over the last 20 years. Don't discount success, get better.

I've watched the last three playoff games and Oak Ridge, DB, and Siegal all had more atheletes than Maryville. Maryville's success comes frome their kids always being where they are supposed to be and doing what they are supposed to do. That is coaching, plain and simple. Maryville has about three players (Prevo, Kimbal, and Shuler) who would start on every other team but that is it. Those other teams had at least five or six.

Reactions: 1 person

Lol.

Many people act like Maryville just goes out and cherry picks talent. Several times this season, Maryville has defeated teams with superior athletes (Oak Ridge, DB, Siegel). The difference between those teams and Maryville is that Maryville is vastly superior in the coaching and discipline realms. They simply do not make many mistakes. Discipline goes a long way in high school football, as does good coaching.

VN Store

Back