MR.SEC on John Gruden

volfrk86

here is an article on John Gruden

As The Gruden Turns: Hogs Swing And Miss, Vols On Deck (And Sources Say They’re In Good Shape)

It goes on to say that Tee Martin could be a choice to join his staff so I would guess that Jay Graham would stay. Then it says that he has been linked to bring Marion Hobby to be our D-line coach, and Ron Zook, because they were both on the same staff under Majors when they were here, and we have all heard the rumors about Raheem Morris. My take is if he does get Zook then Morris will be our secondary coach.

So if we get gruden our staff could look like this

HC: Gruden
DC: Zook
DBs: Morris
Dline: Hobby
WR: Martin
RB: Graham

The offensive coordinator, Tight ends coach, qb coach, and oline coach still appear to be a mystery.

I really hope this works for us it sounds like the ball is in our court I hope we don't pass this up

Reactions: 1 person
Is there a chance that chaney could be retained again. Gruden and Chaney would do wonders for a guy like Tyler Bray.

The boys want to keep the Line coach, Gruden is a excellent Qb coach.

I'm not getting the "excellent QB coach" thing...

Rich Gannon is the only successful QB he's ever had under him(that he had under him that had any significant change in play). And he got Gannon when Gannon was like 30. While Gannon improved under him, how can that all be accredited to Gruden, when you see no other QB under his tutelage having done anything?

As far as I'm concerned. The new coach needs to clean house on defense. Then on Offense retain Graham, Pitman, and Hinshaw. Then he needs to bring in Tee Martin from USC. Then Coiner needs to be fired and Chaney he can do what he wants to with him I won't be mad either way.

If our staff looks like this I would be happy

HC: John Gruden
DC: Ron Zook
Dbs: Raheem Morriss
Dline: Marion Hobby
Linebackers: unknown maybe Zook does double duty who knows.
OC: Jim Chaney or new guy don't really care
Qbs: Hinshaw
Rbs: Graham
Wrs: Martin
OL: Pitman
TE: unknown
special teams: unknown

I like the Norte Dame fan on the article who commented that Grudens kids are enrolled at Knox Webb. I don't live down there anymore so I have no idea. Anyone else heard this? All of the rumors have me excited but I won't believe anything until he's standing at the podium.

I like the Norte Dame fan on the article who commented that Grudens kids are enrolled at Knox Webb. I don't live down there anymore so I have no idea. Anyone else heard this? All of the rumors have me excited but I won't believe anything until he's standing at the podium.

Is there a chance that chaney could be retained again. Gruden and Chaney would do wonders for a guy like Tyler Bray.
Does no one realize the main reason we have had problems the last 4 years is because of Chaney STOP the idiotic talk of keeping chaney he is one of the main reasons we have not moved forward at all in the last 4 years so shutup about wanting to keep or saying Ohh it don't matter if he stays or not because yes it does matter he needs to be gone ASAP!

Reactions: 5 people
If our staff looks like this I would be happy

HC: John Gruden
DC: Ron Zook
Dbs: Raheem Morriss
Dline: Marion Hobby
Linebackers: unknown maybe Zook does double duty who knows.
OC: Jim Chaney or new guy don't really care
Qbs: Hinshaw
Rbs: Graham
Wrs: Martin
OL: Pitman
TE: unknown
special teams: unknown

It's either Zook or Morris for DC, not gonna get both.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not getting the "excellent QB coach" thing...

Rich Gannon is the only successful QB he's ever had under him(that he had under him that had any significant change in play). And he got Gannon when Gannon was like 30. While Gannon improved under him, how can that all be accredited to Gruden, when you see no other QB under his tutelage having done anything?

Considering the fact that you wanted to give Dooley one more year, I am not surprised! He won a superbowl with Brad Johnson and made the playoffs with Chris Simms. Turned Gannon into a MVP. Not to mention he runs the most respected quarterback clinic in Nation.
:crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
People keep saying keep like 3-4 of our current coaches, does this ever happen? I always thought new coaches brought in all new staffs.

Does no one realize the main reason we have had problems the last 4 years is because of Chaney STOP the idiotic talk of keeping chaney he is one of the main reasons we have not moved forward at all in the last 4 years so shutup about wanting to keep or saying Ohh it don't matter if he stays or not because yes it does matter he needs to be gone ASAP!
you must not know much about football! Chaney has done a great job, considering what he's had to work with .

Reactions: 4 people
People keep saying keep like 3-4 of our current coaches, does this ever happen? I always thought new coaches brought in all new staffs.

Only Graham and Piitman are likely to stay on with new staff. Chaney and Lance stayed when Kiffin left so it has happened.

blah , blah , blah....like it or not, Chaney hasnt been the problem. No doubt we could have been more balanced at times but you shouldnt be upset if he is retained by the new coach. Especially since we should even be better next year on offense with all the returning starters. No need for them to have to learn a new system.

This, with some more this sprinkled on top.. how many people were complaining cause if the playcalling.. hell, dooley, who has never called a olay in his life had to help him... Come on people, USE YOUR HEAD. The only ones that should be kept, is pittman and grahm.. thats it!!! Everyone else, please leave your keys to the facilities in the desk as you leave..

VN Store

Back