Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha okay JH11 dropping his passes goes against Bray huh? What game didn't he show up for though. Chaney got killed in the Florida and Bama games. Vandy is whatever to me. That game should've been won on the ground. The UGA game his late pick was the right read just a bad throw. The Florida game he had throws that were bad and he had throws that should've resulted in huge plays.

Chaney's playcalling was terrible week 1. He's a major problem and I'm glad we're shipping him out.

So you're two biggest knocks against Chaney was getting "killed" by UF n Bama... Didn't we score more points than anyone against UF?

That's a dumb statement. Chaney is obviously not AWFUL. If we had half of a defense we might could sneak into to a bcs bowl this year. Bc I say we beat uga and usc.

with even a bad defense we could have won 8 games, sure. But then we would have been an 8 win team that has an AWFUL play caller.

To further cement my point that Chaney cannot be a winning play caller.... Only once in his entire coaching career has Jim Chaney been a part of a team that won games in double digits, with Wyoming in 1996.

Hahahaha okay JH11 dropping his passes goes against Bray huh? What game didn't he show up for though. Chaney got killed in the Florida and Bama games. Vandy is whatever to me. That game should've been won on the ground. The UGA game his late pick was the right read just a bad throw. The Florida game he had throws that were bad and he had throws that should've resulted in huge plays.

Chaney's playcalling was terrible week 1. He's a major problem and I'm glad we're shipping him out.

Keep coddling him. Read any scouting report on Bray and they all read the same. Pressure him and make him move his feet and he makes bad decisions. Not a good decision maker...

Keep coddling him. Read any scouting report on Bray and they all read the same. Pressure him and make him move his feet and he makes bad decisions. Not a good decision maker...

100% true.

Bray is not good at reading Defenses.

Another reason why he doesn't have any freedom in the audible/checkdowns at the LOS

with even a bad defense we could have won 8 games, sure. But then we would have been an 8 win team that has an AWFUL play caller.

To further cement my point that Chaney cannot be a winning play caller.... Only once in his entire coaching career has Jim Chaney been a part of a team that won games in double digits, with Wyoming in 1996.

How has the other side of the ball been in those yrs? It's much different coaching from behind than when coaching from a position of comfort and being in the lead.

seriously. think about that.

Tell me again how many passes in a row was it?

I'm sure you one of the guys who screamed 3rd and chavis...

You act like there's not another team on the field scheming against us.

Every coach is going to have questionable calls and stuff.

Except jim harbaugh... :)

I'm sure you one of the guys who screamed 3rd and chavis...

You act like there's not another team on the field scheming against us.

Every coach is going to have questionable calls and stuff.

Except jim harbaugh... :)

It is a simple question. Why can you not answer it?

How has the other side of the ball been in those yrs? It's much different coaching from behind than when coaching from a position of comfort and being in the lead.

You obviously don't recognize the effect poor play calling can have on a defense. When you can't keep your offense on the field because you attempt to throw the ball when you should run, repeatedly and maddeningly, your defense cannot rest and will struggle as the games and season progress.

Poor offensive play calling has a direct and substantial negative impact on how your defense performs.

Obviously our defense has had much bigger problems than just this, but Jim Chaney has done nothing to take the pressure off of them, and has in many cases made it even worse for them. Just as he did last season, and the year before.

I understand that this may be difficult for you to comprehend because you see big plays and long balls to wide receivers that look explosive and exciting, but if you really know what you are looking at, you'd realize how big a detriment his play calling has been to our program.

100% true.

Bray is not good at reading Defenses.

Another reason why he doesn't have any freedom in the audible/checkdowns at the LOS

You can also blame that on his QB coach. Chaney can't teach QB's... And don't give me that Drew Brees nonsense. Anyone would've been successful with Brees.

With the Big Ten adding Maryland & Rutgers from out of nowhere recently we may be closer to seeing these super conferences than some previously thought.

I mentioned recently the possibility of the Oregon game being canceled due to expansion & more league games. If the dominos continue to fall this off season it could affect next years schedule.

Here's an interesting article about possible candidates for the SEC. Take a look at the list of the 75 biggest-spending programs in the country broken down by conferences. I thought that was interesting.

As Folks Work To Figure Out The Big Ten’s Moves, It’s Time For The SEC To Focus In On Six Possible Expansion Partners

I think it's safe to say the ACC will be the conf that's left out in the cold.

Cuddling huh??? So he goes down a TD and abandons the running game. Florida ties the game up and this idiot runs the ball one time the rest of the game. LMAO But I'm the one cuddling huh. Vandy game he's getting 7-8 yards a pop with the run but he just stops. Bama he doesn't attack their defense downfield at all most of the game. Miss. State the running game was killing them early on but on 2- 3rd and shorts he calls pass plays. Dude is a stat man. Not a good playcaller. I never heard a dumber remark than when he said we don't have to call screens for our WRs. That's just idiotic seeing we have weapons on the edge who should get 8-12 touches a game.

SN: And LT quit every year in the playoffs. Anyone could see that. He got hurt every year come playoff time. What playoff game did he takeover? Him blaming management is hilarious.

You can also blame that on his QB coach. Chaney can't teach QB's... And don't give me that Drew Brees nonsense. Anyone would've been successful with Brees.

Its interesting that Chaney was coaching TEs in the pros when LK hired him. When Brees started having success in the pros Chaney's stock grew. Probably one of the reason LK wanted him. Chaney by his association with Brees could impress recruitys whose dreams were locked on to the NFL. It seems to me the criticisms brought against him here are fair.

How many championships has Phillip won? In fact, he chokes in big games too. LaDanian Tomlinson says that the reason they didn't win the championship in SD was on Rivers and management.

Rivers isn't a good example;however, because he doesn't sit on the sideline and pout. He has an attitude and always tries to fight back. There have been games where Bray has looked like he has given up. Shall I name them?.

he is a 1st round pick with 4 pro bowls

he also has been to an AFC title game and has beaten peyton manning multiple times in the playoffs

i would say he has definitely won some big games - dan marino never won a SB - i guess he is a scrub we would never want wearing a UT uniform either eh? at this point in his career john elway hadnt either

Bray was much better with Hinshaw as his position coach.

Chaney been around All-Pro QB Brees and Orton(journeyman QB who's not anything special). People are making him into a QB guru. Ridiculous....

4th and 1 call versus NC State this idiot calls a run play with a fake reverse instead of bringing a FB in for a lead blocker. Just a dummy at times.

Our three problems this season, in order, 1. Defense 2. Chaney 3. Bray

1.Defensive playcalling
2.Linebacker play
3.Inability to set the edge
4.Pisspoor secondary play
5.Poor HC decisions, general game mismanagement

i have to get through at least 5 critical things before I even get to anything related to the offense

Reactions: 1 person
I read where Hubbs said Cheek has committed $18 million over the next 3 years to the AD, is that true?

Bray was much better with Hinshaw as his position coach.

Chaney been around All-Pro QB Brees and Orton(journeyman QB who's not anything special). People are making him into a QB guru. Ridiculous....

4th and 1 call versus NC State this idiot calls a run play with a fake reverse instead of bringing a FB in for a lead blocker. Just a dummy at times.

It just baffles me that people can not see that we should of ran the ball more this year than we did.

I have to say, Mizzou proved to me that he can't coach with a lead. Why did we stop running the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back