Huge loss for vandy/Gain for Vols

Navery moore disagrees with your statement about no pitchers losing their draft value. Other than that, great post!!! They do have elite talent without a doubt but elite programs get results. They haven't

You've also got to remember where this program was in 2001 when DJ got here and the year before Corbin arrived. The program was crap. Hawkins Field, was crap. Now the program is regarded as one of the best in the country and Hawkins Field is a very nice place to watch a game(albeit not the largest, nor does it need to be).

I do think Vandy is elite. Does it belong in the conversation with South Carolina and Florida? Probably not. As for our Omaha year, Florida just had our number. Go look at that year. Florida takes 2 of 3 from us, in Nashville. Causing a 3 way champions with UF, SC, and VU. They beat us 5-0 in the SEC championship game. And them beat us twice in Omaha. Vanderbilt could have beat any other program that year in Omaha but for some reason Vanderbilt could not beat Florida. They were just better.

I think we are on the cusp of being perennial visitors to Omaha and DJ leaving for the pros will certainly hurt us in our trek to the top.

I do not want to bicker with you guys. I want to be cordial and polite because I recognize that I am in enemy territory.

Lastly, BruinVol? Did you go to Belmont?

DS hasnt brought in any power arms at UT. He's not going to win bringing in cunny thumbers who top out at 86. Our pitching staff was anything but impressive this fall in the scrimmages. What do the upper eschelon SEC teams have in common??? POWER ARMS.... If he could recruit the arms that Vandy has been getting, the Vols will be back soon.... if not we will be a 5-8 team year in year out in the conference.

DS hasnt brought in any power arms at UT. He's not going to win bringing in cunny thumbers who top out at 86. Our pitching staff was anything but impressive this fall in the scrimmages. What do the upper eschelon SEC teams have in common??? POWER ARMS.... If he could recruit the arms that Vandy has been getting, the Vols will be back soon.... if not we will be a 5-8 team year in year out in the conference.

How about we give him more than one recruiting class before making judgments like that.

And go tell Michael Roth that you need power arms to succeed in the SEC.

I agree with you. The initial reports seem to show an emphasis away from the power arms and that is very risky. If that is the approach I agree that success in the SEC is unlikely. Time will tell and we should be willing to give DS plenty

How did the Vols look in their fall scrimmages?

Aside from the bad news about DJ leaving(though he will maintain his residence in Nashville and aid in the selection of his successor) the media has been raving about the freshmen class on West End. Most notable Dansby Swanson. This kid may be the most athletic SS Corbin has ever brought in.

Also, speaking of power pitchers, Tyler Beede's fast ball is ranging 94-96.
I'm ready for February

I think the 2015 season will be the time to make a legitimate assessment of the recruiting of this coaching staff. With that said, I truly believe CDS and his guys will get the Vols back to the upper echleon of the conference. I do think the addition of power arms would speed the process up though. Tennessee is going to give up a lot of outs while executing their "style" of offense. To me, this means that the Vols are not going to be a high scoring team. I just like the idea that a guy with a power arm has a better chance of striking a guy out with less than 2 outs and a runner on third base than a guy who is pitching to contact. In a nut shell, small ball teams need strikeout pitchers. Just my opinion of course

Last edited:
What? I am a UT baseball fan. I watched most games last year. Really enjoyed it. The first time I saw a UT team beat Bama was in baseball.

Now that is a sad indictment on our athletic programs. I hope you see Bama go down much more frequently in the near future.

Maybe Dooley the ex football coach could have taken some notes from DS instead of being the know it all pr_ _ k that he was.Hard working,friendly and will go anywhere to get his players thats DS

The only status you have is the award for biggest underachieving program! Elite programs go to Omaha more than once.
:lolabove:
They have now went twice
This! A one time trip to the CWS (without a title to boot) does not make you elite. Return trips with titles (see S. Carolina) makes you elite. Try again Vandy. More "Anchor Down" instead of "Anchors Away"???
Since you claim winning it all = Elite
Are they now elite?
They won it all on their return trip
Would you consider Florida St. 20 CWS's Elite?
Vandy has something FSU does not
FYI: I waited 2 years to post this

Last edited:
:lolabove:
They have now went twice

Since you claim winning it all = Elite
Are they now elite?
They won it all on their return trip
Would you consider Florida St. 20 CWS's Elite?
Vandy has something FSU does not
FYI: I waited 2 years to post this

How desperate is little brother to seek out a two-year old thread for comment?

Here it goes, little guy, you did good <head rub>

Reactions: 5 people
How desperate is little brother to seek out a two-year old thread for comment?

Here it goes, little guy, you did good <head rub>
This Was not directed at all people on here just a few. Just a friendly reminder from Big Brother that running down a good coach and his program is not smart. Worry about your own team instead of how to hurt and discount another. Your program is on the rise be proud of that.

Last edited:
This Was not directed at all people on here just a few. Just a friendly reminder from Big Brother that running down a good coach and his program is not smart. Worry about your own team instead of how to hurt and discount another. Your program is on the rise be proud of that.

Your not big brother. Don't ever lie to yourself about that.

Congrats on your first championship in a male sport, but you're still little bro.

Reactions: 1 person

Lulz at big brother. :eek:lol:

A70ebY.gif

We gonna whip y'all's azz this year. And I'm going to shove it in every single stanky Vandy fans face that I see. Really rub it in. You're fan base has really f'ed up by acting like jackazzes. Enjoy your baseball winnings. Footballs gonna knock you on your face.

I'll be the loudest, most arrogant mother ****** this year in Nashville. Damn it's gonna feel good once we beat their ass.

We gonna whip y'all's azz this year. And I'm going to shove it in every single stanky Vandy fans face that I see. Really rub it in. You're fan base has really f'ed up by acting like jackazzes. Enjoy your baseball winnings. Footballs gonna knock you on your face.

Are you serious? Look in the mirror, buddy.

Seems as if I have touched a nerve here. Funny I remembered this very thread from a few years back. The thread starter has accused Corbin of cheating, being a bad coach, made derogatory statements about Vandy's baseball players (Hayen Stone in particular), called the program underachieving, and said they would never sniff another CWS much less a championship. The fact is I waited until the team won it all to respond instead of the day I read it. He said come back when they actually win something and I did!!
Others on here have claimed the team does not have any Tennesseans on it (9 to be exact) and is made up of "Yankees" which is funny because most teams including UT recruits nationally in every sport. The big brother comment was in response to another poster that loves to downgrade Vandy's baseball success. Some people like to dish it out but can't take it. Some people here wanted Carson Fulmer to have a life threatening injury after the SEC tourney game. Adult beverages also played a part in my surliness. FYI: Last time I checked big brother and little brother are both brothers and should love each other. I responded to the haters only (We are more like twins)

I do have respect for your program and coach. Some people clearly do not for Vandy's. Winning the CWS is an incredible achievement for any team now given the rise in college baseball. There used to be only 10-15 programs nationally that even cared about the sport. Now just winning in the SEC is an accomplishment. Your team was a top 25 team and was 11th in the SEC. Should have been a tourney team IMO. Here is a great article about the rise of SEC baseball. Skip Bertman and Ron Polk should take a bow each time a SEC baseball team wins a national championship | NOLA.com

I did not mean to offend anyone else and apologize to the UT baseball fans. Vol66 is a true baseball fan and I certainly did not direct this at him or any other true fan of the sport. This is about baseball not football (some people actually like it better). Football is 90% who has the better athletes. Be an arrogant fool come football season (I really do not care) Also beating them in Football is not going to take the National Championship trophy from the case. Your town went ape over women's softball last year so do not claim it does not matter. For those who don't know baseball is a much harder game in which to achieve excellence. For example Deion Sanders is a football HOF'er he is a lifetime .263 hitter. Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever & he never made it out of double A. The current Heisman trophy winner is a average baseball player at FSU. I would rather Ray Lewis tackle me than face a 95 MPH fastball coming at my head. How anyone can talk football year round is beyond me it is July watch a great sport being played by great athletes not talking trash about something that will not happen until November. Also beating them in Football is not going to take the National Championship trophy from the case. You town went ape over women's softball last year so do not claim it does not matter.
Like I said I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings by my posts.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back